who can refurb steering rack??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johnm

RMS Regular
Is there anyone around Belfast who can recondition a steering rack?
Alfa 159 needs done and instead of paying out 4/500 quid for one I'd rather pay a bit less and get my own recon'd.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Is there much of a price difference getting a rack you have refurbed or is it just as handy getting one from a motor factors?

They're all rebuilt to the same standard I guessing.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
OP
Smurf.
Drives
The odd time
Its not the price difference i was concerned about i was looking a rack for a jzx100 chaser and just not available.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I know they share some parts with altezza/is200's have you checked to see if they're the same? Or any other toyotas fit?

Smurf.

RMS Regular
OP
Smurf.
Drives
The odd time
I know they share some parts with altezza/is200's have you checked to see if they're the same? Or any other toyotas fit?
My post was 2 years ago bud car long gone

Oh and lexus not the same rack

Last edited:

johnm

RMS Regular
Is there much of a price difference getting a rack you have refurbed or is it just as handy getting one from a motor factors?

They're all rebuilt to the same standard I guessing.

All depends on the rack.
New or refurbished one for the Alfa was 450. Refurbing my own was less than half that.

johnm

RMS Regular
ECP on Boucher.
Got chatting to them and were able to sort out sending my own over as opposed to getting a different one, plus the surcharge until my own was returned.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.