Yamaha MT10 Launch 28/6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

genman

G
i hear Hursts are doing a launch day tomorrow for the MT10....a lot of bike for the money even if the looks are something else.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Anyone go? First impressions? Will nip in during the week for a nosey myself.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I was there for 10 mins, about 20 people milling around looking at the MT10's.

They had a blue one and a black on show, I want to see the grey and fluro! It's a really nice bike and I have little more to say really as -

I wasn't going to bother as really, looking at a bike does not tell you much, you need to ride it and see if it stirs you.

I'll go down again when the demo is on.

S1000r or MT10 or keep the 2 current steeds?????? Hmmm

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Went down for a wee nosey today. I was already a fan of the looks but looks even better in the metal. As you say though you really need to ride it.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I test rode it today, crap, terrible fueling, slow, weak brakes etc.

Jesting! Engine is mega! It will be really easy on front tyres cause its not on the road much. Great bike but it's not the spec of the S1000R sport and if you ad quick shifter, heated grips, comfort seat (which it needs) you are at the price of an S1000R sport but you don't have the electronic suspension. I guess it's the exact competition for the base S1000R but they are rare.

They don't have any anyway, all sold.........

Last edited:

NotKG

Banned
thats the dealers buying them up for the preowned sale coming soon, paperwork exercise to make them the bee's knee's.
it's so old a trick, i wonder why they bother any more.

genman

OP
G
Picking mine up next week.
After years on the Bking it's going to feel like a toy...I went from Bking to tuono v4...miles better handling but no match in terms of lazy speed. Bking in the end was just heavy and given the way you hustled yours about the MT10 will be comical and have no tyre left in a few weeks.....enjoy

migs

RMS Regular
I was really excited about this but couldn't wait until June for one, happy with my Speed Triple R, hell of a better bike than my 2014 Z1000, altho id love a run on one just to see... I always have an itch lol

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
IMG_20160609_144535_zpspbtapncf.jpg

A few laps earlier just to run the tyres in.:cool:

genman

OP
G
certainly warmed the exhaust up...so hows it feel now its your own bike and not a demo.
Oddly the blue wheels look well...much better than the press photos

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
Bit early to say, but initial thoughts are good! Stuck to 6K rpm until 1st service, but definitely feels it has plenty of usable bhp. Seating position is very motocross style and the Suspension is set up a little on the softer side but haven't really pushed it on so it seems to be fine. Just really to get more time on it!

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Took one for a test ride this morning. Began by heading up the M1 to get comfortable and to test the cruise control and play with the other buttons. Riding position is very relaxed, even for a naked. High bars and low pegs and you very much sit in it, felt almost supermoto like. Seat felt rock hard when I first sat on it but had the bike out over an hour and had no issues. In Standard mode it's very well mannered at small throttle openings but pulls like a train when you open it wide. The little fly screen is also very good, I'm used to being hit with wind blast on the Triumph but this almost felt faired.

Left the M1 at Moira, heading towards Nutts corner then into Dundrod for a lap of the circuit. Switched the traction control to level 1 and the riding mode to B (the most aggressive). Completely different animal in B mode. The engine barks at the slightest touch of the throttle and requires a steadier hand. It lunges forward with great urgency. The roads were soaked today but the bike gave me great confidence and the traction control is surprisingly subtle and does not prevent the front wheel from lifting in the first setting.

The previous FZ1 felt like it lacked grunt low in the revs ( goes into warp speed above 5k ) but this thing has bags of low down torque and carries on pulling through the revs.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.