Drag Race Ireland Round 2 Bishopscourt Sunday 29th May

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
As per the title folks, we are back to Bishopscourt this Sunday coming.
Weather is set to be good, and an abundance of machinery booked. Check for details and updates on the Facebook page.
Openbare groep DragRaceIreland | Facebook

Morning/Afternoon racing with a top ten qualifying ladder, then its into shootout, the higher you get yourself up the ladder, the less work you have to do ;).

I am working on a livestream on the facebook page so keep you're eye on the page ( if you are interested ) throughout Sunday or better still get yourself to the track :grinning:

Turn up and race on the day spots available(y)

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
WOW!!!

What a session!!

The second round at Bishopscourt was just mega. The sun bathed the airfield all day and from the minute i did the track walk i knew it was going to be QUICK!!

with a slight tailwind we also knew that there was some decent speed to be had.

Personal bests got smashed out the park everywhere and a lot of drivers went home very happy indeed.

Lets talk numbers. ( Bare with me, this is off the top of my head )

Stevie Ross11.000 ( it doesnt get any closer to a 10 than that !! ) PB

Michael White 9.63. PB ( and quickest car E.T of the day, finals winner )

Ryan Scott ( forgive me for not remembering you're last name ) 12.6? In the 1600cc turbocharged Honda. PB

Ali Mccrabbe 13.?? (Sadly second gear went walkies but the 12 was coming for sure ) PB

Dave Wheatley blitzes the 4 cyl aspirated record ( for a car ) with a storming 11.5?@ 120mph PB

Mark Charles 13.8? And on a stock beetle transmission laid down a 1.89 60 foot PB

Amanda Riley take a bow, just awesome, without question driver of the day, absolutely schooled the boys with her race craft in the finals, she didnt just cut the tree down she absolutely destroyed it, 12.6? PB

Andrew Thompson what can you say about this outfit? Insane!!! Heres the numbers. 1.44 over the 60' 9.1 over the 1/4 and 156mph over the stripe PB , quickest ET of the day biggest speed, and biggest smiles, just AWESOME.

Paul Graham in the beetle finally getting to grips with the car after destroying the gearbox in the first round, raging i missed his run 13.96 PB

Eamon Mc in the home built beetle that he tows to the track with his split screen van, with a mouse motor went 14.6? PB

Sharron Cadell the first time in a vw beetle and she stormed it, 16.0?, great launch, a bit too great as that would be the cars only pass of the day due to a clutch issue.

Tomo pattison in the Golf where did that come from? 16.01 down from being stuck in the 17's!!! Awesome.

Those are the ones i can remember, please contact me with your'e numbers if you ran a PB and i will update the info.

A huge thank you to all the racers that i put on the spot with the live feed, you are all just awesome. As a side note i'm not sure we'll do that again.

Roll on The Drag Show with the guys at CarLife with Jonny Kennedy.

Spread the word, we need racers plain and simple, although the action was HOT yesterday we were down on numbers, i know its the bank holiday but i hate to say we were well down. Cmon guys, your dragstrip needs you.

There is a ton of footage floating about already, i'll copy some links across, the live feed (kinda) worked, although im not looking forward to the 30GB data bill :eek:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I would have been at this had I not been down at xPOSED show with the lads. Will try my best to get down for the next one mate! I wanna get the Skoda into the 14s :laughing:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Live feed was awesome Ben.

I will make it to the next one fingers crossed. Id love the take the A8 up the strip to see what its does.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Live feed was awesome Ben.

I will make it to the next one fingers crossed. Id love the take the A8 up the strip to see what its does.

I wasnt sure if it would work to be honest, ive had a quick look through the videos and it seemed to work pretty good, i think the pit walk was really good fun, i need to wait for the phone bill to come in to see if we will do it again lol. Full credit to all the racers i put on the spot though they took it well. I think this is a first in this country, a live facebook stream at bishopscourt has never been done. Im sure the data charges will be hefty lol.

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I pay £12 a year for the IDC Id gladly play the same for the drag racing. It was very well done and picture prefect.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
I pay £12 a year for the IDC Id gladly play the same for the drag racing. It was very well done and picture prefect.

It was a bit of fun and done to show folk what we are up to, there is no way i would even consider charging people to watch the stream, facebook has yet again opened up a world of oppurtunity with social media and the live feed. You can bet all the big shows will get in on the act ( im surprised they havnt already ) looks like this old fart caught them napping !! ( just kidding)
The one thing with the live feed is you have to be professional, well as much as you can be, language must be kept in check etc etc. it was a good test of the format, it worked, not without issues but for a first crack at it, we did ok.

Next round is the big one , The Drag Show , i need to speak to Jonny and see if we can get a sponsor involved , our own Aircooled Drag Day will absolutely be streamed live.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.