Focus St2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Getting close to getting the car back out. Have been working at it in my spare time. Finished buffing it tonight and glazed. Hoping to seal it and get it waxed tomorrow evening. Had planned to get the wheels on tomorrow but looking more like Monday now. White hoses arrived for the induction and carbon mirrors will be here next week. Cannot wait to get driving it again. Has been a testing 2 months but fingers crossed it'll all start to come together within the next few weeks still have the splitter to fit.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Not fitted yet. Hopefully fit it next week and then planning on changing the map on it to. But of messing about to get it fitted with the Rs ecu holder so will set a night or 2 next week to do it.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
If you need any help with the induction kit I'll be happy to give you a hand bud. Done my myself in a few hours hardest bit about it getting the old airbox/ecu holder out.

I'll stick a picture of mine here, thats what it looked like just before I sold it.

Attachments

• 20160409_130117.jpg
    20160409_130117.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Cheers pal. Did you pull the coolant hose off to allow the ecu to be moved? Have been told it's best to take the coolant hose and the ecu cable over it as there's no stress on the wires.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Yes bud. I undid the jubilee clip closest to the rad and popped it of there, coolant loss was minimal and it takes alot of stress of the ECU wires as you said :grinning:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Cheers pal. I remember fitting the k&n to my last one the airbox was a pain. But I've never done the Rs ecu cover before.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Cheers pal. I remember fitting the k&n to my last one the airbox was a pain. But I've never done the Rs ecu cover before.

Hardest part about it is getting the old standard air/ecu holder out. Once its out of you're way fitting the actual RS holder is a 15 minute job.

All I would say is have some electrical tape handy just to tidy to wires up on the harness as they are exposed abit when using the RS holder. I didnt do this to start with and was getting some random fault codes. Read up on it and it turned out the unwrapped cables were shorting. Insulated them with electrical tape and the codes stopped :grinning:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Cheers pal. Hoping to get it done on Sunday along with fitting the carbon mirrors if they arrive in time and then next week I'll try and fit the splitter. Think I've to take the passenger headlight out to fit the induction?

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Cheers pal. Hoping to get it done on Sunday along with fitting the carbon mirrors if they arrive in time and then next week I'll try and fit the splitter. Think I've to take the passenger headlight out to fit the induction?

Yeah pull the passenger side headlight out, there's just the one screw untop, you can use a big flat blade or I think a T25 fits it to. Then there are to clips at the back to push down and the head should just slide out. Makes it alot easier access wise.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Good man. Going to tackle it on Sunday. Did you put a tray to catch any of the coolant you lost with taking the hose of? Not sure how much I'll lose.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Good man. Going to tackle it on Sunday. Did you put a tray to catch any of the coolant you lost with taking the hose of? Not sure how much I'll lose.

I done mine out on the drive so never bothered with a tray, to be honest I lost about 100 ml of coolant even if that. You could always put one under it just incase.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
New passenger window arrived today mysteriously developed 2 deep scratches on the the exterior that just seemed to have appeared ^o) on a nicer note carbon mirrors are now here. Hoping to have splitter mirrors window and the dsci induction fitted within the next few weeks. Buying nothing else until I have all this fitted then planning on going for a bigger inlet and some under bonnet carbon and the Rs focus slam panel cover.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks pal. Haven't had the time id like with it to finish bits but been busy past few months but hoping to free some time up get all the bits on it then order some more. Lol.

Lee

RMS Regular
Looks a cracker example, can't believe you can talk about selling it, even if not yet! Especially when you're spending the coin on all the nice bits for it.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks @leebo not sure what the new year will hold but haven't even had a chance to take it to any shows. Would love to keep it for as long as possible but will see what happens.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Love this and can't wait to see it at some shows. You are putting the work in and it is certainly paying off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.