parrot kit help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Installed a parrot kit into the wifes car. On a call it only comes through the speakers when the radio is off, what have i done wrong?

garyo

RMS Regular
Is everything else working ok with it? Syncing contacts no problem, shutting down properly with the Goodbye message on screen (rather than just cutting out) when turning off etc?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Is everything else working ok with it? Syncing contacts no problem, shutting down properly with the Goodbye message on screen (rather than just cutting out) when turning off etc?

My MKi9200 just turns off when I turn the car off, no 'Goodbye' screen. Any ideas?

garyo

RMS Regular
My MKi9200 just turns off when I turn the car off, no 'Goodbye' screen. Any ideas?
Not sure if the 9200 is the same Gareth, but from my old 3100, which has moved across 3 or 4 different cars with me now for years...there are two wires, a red and a yellow, with in-line fuses in them. From memory, one of them is for Constant 12V live, the other is Ignition. Any time I've had issues when putting the kit in a different car, swapping these round was my first port of call, so if it was red to red and yellow to yellow, swap them to red to yellow and yellow to red (or vice versa)...if that makes sense.

Worked too when my mother got a wee Auris with a 3100 already fitted, but it had issues as well. I stripped the dash, swapped these two wires, and it's been 100% since. I'm no expert at all so couldn't explain the technicalities of the whole thing, but I just know it has worked for me! I'll see if I can find any info that might explain it better than I can!

EDIT: The two fused wires I mentioned might be red and orange, not red and yellow. They should be labelled anyway 'Battery' and 'Ignition', and I think are the only ones with the in-line fuses.

garyo

RMS Regular
I've seen those wires, I'll give it a rattle later on, cheers.
From a 9100 manual, but I think the basic principle for the power supply cables should apply across all models...hopefully!
Checking the wiring
  • To perform the installation check, turn the ignition on then off once the Parrot MKi9100 is installed: the message “Goodbye!” must be displayed.
  • If it is not the case, it is necessary to inverse the positions of the red and orange wires. Indeed, the red wire of the power cable must be connected to the permanent 12V, the orange wire to the 12V ignition and the black wire to the ground. This can be done simply by reversing both fuse holders located on the Parrot wiring.
Like @chunkerz , I think @mckeown 's problem is more likely linked to the mute wire, in that it isn't muting the radio when a call comes through, hence why it will only come through the speakers when the radio is off. Have you checked to make sure all wires (Parrot, stereo, any ISO connectors etc) are all secure and haven't come loose?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Just an update, swapping the fuse wires around sorted mine. USB and iPod are powering up dead on and the system shuts itself down correctly.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.