Car theft possibly :-/

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
right so a good friend of mine last year lent his brother his car for a few months while he had no car, he borrowed a set of wheels got the car motd and his brother took the tax book in to the tax office to tax it so he could drive it ...a week or two later my friend spots his car on gumtree but under someone else's name thinks it's one of his brothers mates having a wind up and carrys on,

Sees his brother about a week later and the car isn't anywhere to be seen. Turns out his brother did sell his car (asshole doesn't even cover it ) on a set of borrowed wheels, so the guy that owns the wheels calls the cops tells them what happened told them the car may be stolen as my friend didn't give his brother permission to sell the car or get any money for the car, guy gets paid for his wheels buy my mates brother and that's them square,

My mate understandably loses the head and his brother promises to pay him the money for the car but In instalments, and because he's family ( wouldn't matter if it was me but hey to late now ) he agreed now about 18months down the line mate is still out of pocket cars not been paid for because his brother lost his job,

So question is can he report the car as stolen and have his brother charged with the theft of the car and take him to court for the money owed or can he get his car recovered and the new buyer can take his brother to court for what they paid for the car ? :-/ or is it too late even tho it is in a police report the car may be stolen as well ?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It would be a bit crap of your mate to report the car stolen again now and have it lifted of someone who incidentally has nout to do with any of it.If it was me I would be taking it up with his brother but thts just me personally .You must have a very well mannered friend as if it was my brother or not he would be very sorry he done that in the first place .Stinking on your mate btw and very unfortunate.Tha old saying is you can pick your friends but not your family .Very appropriate in this case .

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny1992
Drives
too much
@G N K a good kicking isn't going to get him paid no matter how satisfying it would be to smash that t**t of a brothers face in,

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny1992
Drives
too much
How much was the car worth ?
About 5k

It would be a bit crap of your mate to report the car stolen again now and have it lifted of someone who incidentally has nout to do with any of it.If it was me I would be taking it up with his brother but thts just me personally .You must have a very well mannered friend as if it was my brother or not he would be very sorry he done that in the first place .Stinking on your mate btw and very unfortunate.Tha old saying is you can pick your friends but not your family .Very appropriate in this case .

Deffo would suck for the current owner but we know the car is still registered in my friends name atm he got a tax reminder letter about it

zafturbo

RMS Regular
About 5k

Deffo would suck for the current owner but we know the car is still registered in my friends name atm he got a tax reminder letter about it
Is he involved in the whole thing do you think or maybe I was to quick to comment .
Holy crap I thought it was maybe a run about at £1000 or something when you said he had to go mot it.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is it of big value? If he's gone 18 months without the money maybe it's best just putting it behind him.

Easier said that done, I know that.

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny1992
Drives
too much
Yeah guys car was not a cheap runner my friend had a personal loan taken out to buy the car too :-/ in my opinion he was too soft and should have dealt with his brother properly at the time but he let the fact he was family cloud his judgement

And @zafturbo dont know if the new owner knows or was part of it, it is a potential as his brother was in the motor trade and it went to a dealer in Scotland from what I've found out about it

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny1992
Drives
too much
@BarryPort tbh I wish I was trolling guy is one of my best mates and lost his car because he is too nice and easy going, taken him this long to start to talk about it properly and want it sorted

wes

RMS Regular
Your friends a mug no harm to him and his brothers a scumbag thief. No matter how hard up he was. Id report it to police anyway if i was him and speak to a solicitor. Altho hes already accepted the fact the car was sold so he will have to take him for the cash id say

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny1992
Drives
too much
@wes i agree lol my friend is a sucker here because it's family stopped him and his brothers a scumbag of the highest order to do that to family

Reactions: wes

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Sorry if it's a dealer who bought the car I would be at the police tonight and have my car back.The brother will get charged for theft which unfortunately is his problem.Terrible position for your mate though.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Also if partial payment has been accepted it wouldn't be a clean cut charge for theft. Even though nothing about this thread is clean cut lol

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
If it's still registered to his name can he not just report it stolen recently and say nothing about lending it to him 18 months ago?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.