Easiest way to get a lease car to NI?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
We'll agree to disagree then. The drive home with my last 4 cars has been fantastic. The whole excitement of the day, then grinning from ear to ear all the way to the boat.

Getting it delivered to the dock on this side, 20mins from home is a bit crap to be honest.

Aye fair enough. I don't mind a drive but 5 hours pressing up & down on the cruise control stalk does not excite me in the slightest; new car or not. Delivery to the door would be a far handier job. Then I could be doing something slightly less boring like falling off my mountain bike. The lease machine is very much a travel tool though and perhaps that's the difference (as Eager referred to earlier). Nice to have but at the end of the day it's a new motor for squirting to work in. It arriving on the trailer was about as much of an event as someone dropping off a courtesy or hire car. Pretty nice but in the end not what I'd call a particularly exciting experience and for sure there was no sleepless night the evening before or anything like that.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, depends on the car too I suppose. The drive home in the Octavia 2x4 wasn't the most exhilarating experience. However, the TT with the roof down at 10pm through the Welsh country side was one of my favourite motoring memories!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'm an hour from Alton Towers if you want to pop in for a natter!! :p

Nobody ever does........ WWAAAHHHHHHHHHH

The next time I go over for a car thats located Liverpool or lower I'll call in for a cuppa if I've time (y)

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Great thread, was thinking about this myself last week. I like getting away, any time I got to England to collect a car my old man goes with. We spend some quality time in the car and adds something to the car purchase!

I'd be worried my new car would be damaged on delivery or not exactly as agreed.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
You could save all this hastle and go into your local VW dealer and buy one:p

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I think this thread shows the difference in a car your leasing and a car your buying
If you have no interest in going collecting it yourself

Not at all, I got Agnews involved with the dealer in England and it was confirmed any damage/issues with the car predelivery or during would be dealt with by Agnews.
As it happened one wheel was slightly damaged in transport, Agnews handled the repair and backcharged the English dealer for the repair.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
A friend had his new motor (lease) shipped over from Cairnryan to Belfast. He just paid the boat fees.
He simply collected it on this side. All depends on the dealer but I thought that was trouble free.

brendy

RMS Regular
I think I've a couple of videos ive taken while waiting to board recently showing how the cars get driven by the loaders in stena here somewhere. That would put me off instantly. Cold engines being tramped, no thanks.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I think I've a couple of videos ive taken while waiting to board recently showing how the cars get driven by the loaders in stena here somewhere. That would put me off instantly. Cold engines being tramped, no thanks.

Lol!

They get worse on the PDI or by their first keepers! Its the boy buying it out of manufacturers warranty 60k miles later that needs to worry about that :grinning:

pkn

RMS Regular
OP
pkn
Drives
Evora S / 159
Wow, wasn't expecting so many replies. I would head over and collect but work and family commitments makes that difficult so getting it shipped would be ideal.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
the last time i was coming home birkenhead - belfast there was around 30cars being drove on by staff. it actually scared me how bad these new cars (some with plastic still on panels) where being driven onto the boat. One hit the join in the bridge that hard that the front bumper hit off the ground.

Id be flying over and bringing it home myself

brendy

RMS Regular
the last time i was coming home birkenhead - belfast there was around 30cars being drove on by staff. it actually scared me how bad these new cars (some with plastic still on panels) where being driven onto the boat. One hit the join in the bridge that hard that the front bumper hit off the ground.

Id be flying over and bringing it home myself
Same fellas I was talking about too.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Before I ring the main dealer here and organise the delivery, is it reasonable to ask them to load it onto the ferry. There are delivering it to the docks. It's really not that handy for me to take a day off.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
You'd have to pay the ferry anyway Adam so it might be easier using Stenas service.

Can I book this online, I take it they just deliver to a designated zone and someone takes the keys etc? You see the vehicle is too far from the docks to be driven anyway, so I have no options but to have it delivered somewhere!!

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Phone Stenaline Freight Belfast and book it on. They just put it on the next ferry whenever it's dropped off and you can pick it up in Belfast anytime that suits you 24hrs a day. Just need a high vis vest when picking it up or you have to listen to them for borrowing theirs. Very simple procedure

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Phone Stenaline Freight Belfast and book it on. They just put it on the next ferry whenever it's dropped off and you can pick it up in Belfast anytime that suits you 24hrs a day. Just need a high vis vest when picking it up or you have to listen to them for borrowing theirs. Very simple procedure

Cheers Ricky! £138 booked and all

Ge0rge

Banned
Parker car transport will collect it anywhere, they brought over a car for me there and dropped it off up at the auction in mallusk for me to collect, £200.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Next time I'm going pay someone for their time to go get it for me.

I went over as foot passenger to Cairnryan and the dealer had someone drive it up to the port. I signed a bit of paper and got right back on the boat home. Biggest waste of a day ever. Bored witless. No functioning wifi on the ferry so couldn't work. Cost me a days wages too.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I travel over to Cairnryan as a foot passenger every week. I'd be happy to bring a car back for someone.

No idea what way insurance would work, but I'd be happy to help if it would work out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.