2007 Leon AUX options

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
Basically I have just bought myself a 2007 Leon FR, it has the iPod connection kit under the drivers seat and no Aux port on the centre console.

I cannot find any information online other than that the car could be specd with one or the other. This iPod kit is of no use to me.... How can I get it back to AUX.

I have seen the connect2 boxes that go in in place of a CD changer but there's clearly a much more tidy OEM option here as the car could originally come with it.... I just can't find where to get what I need.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this situation.... Any help greatly appreciated

BigMick

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Hello, I am not sure if you car is the facelift model, but Seat sells a cable kit with aux input and face plate for about 70 GBP I believe.
You can get in touch with Sere Motors in Belfast too, I believe they are used to supply those kits.
I hope this helps

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Have a look on the kufqtec site
They will have the proper harness and port for it
£69.99

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
@gizmo98 found it, thats exactly what I'm looking for! but just noticed postage is £20 to NI!

Think ill give seat a ring @BigMick and see if they do the same thing!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
That is exactly what I want, significantly cheaper than the SEAT option too if it works. Just trying to find one now that isn't from china, would like to have it sometime this year :laughing:

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Yea it should work, I've the same one hooked by to my RNS510, would just need to know the radio you have install so I can try advise which pins to connect to. There only is 3 wires, Left channel, right channel and ground

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
That is exactly what I want, significantly cheaper than the SEAT option too if it works. Just trying to find one now that isn't from china, would like to have it sometime this year :laughing:

I ordered leads for the cluster conversion on my Passat from China,surprisingly there were there in 2 weeks
And £60 cheaper :laughing:

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Yeah I decided to buy them anyway, I'm sure I can live with the radio for a while lol fingers crossed it works

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Yeah I decided to buy them anyway, I'm sure I can live with the radio for a while lol fingers crossed it works
I'm in the same boat warren - update the thread with how ya get on I might have to follow suit :grinning: so the radio needs taken out to plug this in but where you going to put the AUX port?

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Still no sign of it but you never know with things posted from China! Yeah I haven't looked at the logistics of fitting it all, will do when it arrives haha.

I imagine it will be going in the glove box somewhere with the aid of my dremel. Don't think I'm quite brave enough to fit it to where it's meant to go in the centre console!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
After watching a video on how to remove the radio.... Looks very easy if you've the removal keys.... So for £1.15 I think I shall!

image.png

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
You can remove the radio fairly easily by cutting up some sort of card - I used a subway card. Then you insert them in multiple places.

I'm surprised that the Aux doesn't work as well as the ipod!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Yeah thought for a quid i couldn't go far wrong though!

They actually arrived this morning.... Took them less than 24hrs to get to me. Outstanding lol

image.jpeg

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
So the AUX arrived.... Plugged it all in.... And nothing. Wasn't even showing up on the radio.

The other half also has a leon.... With a factory fitted AUX... So thought I'd put my radio in her car to see if it was something to do with the radio or the wiring.

Long story short, didn't know radios were coded, I'm now locked out of mine. Is my only options to pay one of these radio code websites or bring it to seat?

Thanks.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
So the AUX arrived.... Plugged it all in.... And nothing. Wasn't even showing up on the radio.

The other half also has a leon.... With a factory fitted AUX... So thought I'd put my radio in her car to see if it was something to do with the radio or the wiring.

Long story short, didn't know radios were coded, I'm now locked out of mine. Is my only options to pay one of these radio code websites or bring it to seat?

Thanks.

You shouldn't need the code when putting it back into yours,it's coded to your car (if original radio )failing that Vw/seat will give you the code for free

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
You shouldn't need the code when putting it back into yours,it's coded to your car (if original radio )failing that Vw/seat will give you the code for free

You also may need to get it on VCDS to turn AUX on

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
@gizmo98 sadly that's not the case, it's asked for the code, then with me pressing buttons it's now saying "Safe 60mins" shall see if I can give seat a ring tomorrow

That would explain a lot. The cable I have is a cheap one from eBay too tho I am generally sceptical if it will work or not in general!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
So with the way I've been working I haven't had a chance to get near a Seat dealer to get my radio unlocked. But on Friday this shall be done....and I can then resume the original issue!

@greyfloppyhat it doesn't, and sadly I can find next to no information why. I definitely think something needs done to tell the radio it shouldn't be looking for an iPod dock. Will ask on friday!

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So with the way I've been working I haven't had a chance to get near a Seat dealer to get my radio unlocked. But on Friday this shall be done....and I can then resume the original issue!

@greyfloppyhat it doesn't, and sadly I can find next to no information why. I definitely think something needs done to tell the radio it shouldn't be looking for an iPod dock. Will ask on friday!

Have you seen the rns unit @Lyons is selling?

Would look awesome, they're pretty expensive though.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular

Probably can trigger the same option from VCDS if it's not on the actual radio.

Which pins are you wiring the connector up to on the radio?

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Yeah I think once I get the code I'll go in search of someone with vagcom. I bought it with a made up block on the wire which fits in where then iPod connector goes, and the other half has a Leon with a factory fitted aux and the pins are the same.

I haven't tried my wire in her car though. May to next time I'm free just to confirm the wire works.

@G N K i had a wee look there, way beyond what I want to spend I'm afraid! If I can't get all this to work I'll probably go for an aftermarket double dinn

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.