Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
My missus harps on at me about wearing hi viz on the bike and I swear, everytime I wear it I have someone pull out of a side road in front of me or a near miss. When I wear all black, I have far fewer problems.
I'm convinced that, especially on a bright day, hi viz is worse than all black.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Master of puppets in an out of tune Belfast accent really doesn't sound the same :p. I'm a crap singer, but when I have a car concert I'm axl rose on vocals Rory Gallagher on the steering wheel guitar or Keith moon on the dash board drums :p.
I'm always worried I'm going to have a crash and there will be evidence of me subconsciously singing along to bieber or something.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Quick question regarding these videos of mechanics getting caught out.
I just bought a camera and it's in no way discrete. My mirror already sits half way down the window , there's no room behind the mirror , it can't go above the mirror due to black dots type tint thingy , so its clamped just slightly below mirror with the wire comming down from the headliner.
How would they not see it , and whats to stop them just unplugging the wire out at the camera ?
I'm going to look for a different mounting bracket to try and get it behind the mirror but even if i do find one , they can just unplug the cable anyway !

I know from the odd chat with a workmate in the car or whatever that many people assume they're satnavs, despite the strange positioning.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
My missus harps on at me about wearing hi viz on the bike and I swear, everytime I wear it I have someone pull out of a side road in front of me or a near miss. When I wear all black, I have far fewer problems.
Hi-vis is not the magic pill many assume it is (motorbike or cyclist)

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
^^^ Good ol Larne drivers. lol I see things like this every day there.
The bloke in the Audi just abandoned it aswell.
Can't believe the Scirroco drove the wrong way down Cross st.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

And you tell her this, and she still insists you wear it..... :rolleyes:

Don't wear it ever again lol.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I wear it in the rain or at night, but not when the sun's out.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Poor lady and other affected family members. Another mother showed footage last year of her son getting killed on his bike also.

Makes for some grim viewing!

Would appear one of the bikers just kept going with his journey?