Insuring two cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mackers87

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra 280
Hi folks was looking some help.

I currently have a policy on my seat leon cupra with all my no claims and then started a policy on my new daily which had no no claims.

Was wondering if I was to SORN the cupra at the end of the summer what way would my insurance policies work?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Doing a SORN doesn't affect your insurance does it? If the car has any substantial value you would still want to keep it insured. Well that's what I do anyway.

pablo

RMS Moderator
you cancel the no NCB one and move the daily to the other policy with NCB. unless you want to keep building up the no NCB one. But be careful as NCB can lapse after 2 years I think?

you might be better with a multi car type policy with low miles on the curpa or something.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Won't effect the policy, each policy is stand alone. You would need to swap the policies to benefit from the NCB. Some insurance company's will mirror NCB for a 2nd policy, have you tried this?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
SORN won't affect your other policy mate, I do it all the time. I've had a car insured for over a year now and it hasn't turned a wheel :worried:

Some companies will allow mirroring of your NCB from one vehicle to the other and others recognise your claim free driving period and reward accordingly. Seems you're sorted anyway :grinning:

Mackers87

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers87
Drives
Leon Cupra 280
Thanks for all the comments. I'll probably just keep both policies going as id have the cupra back out again in the summer and don't fancy starting yet another policy from scratch for the daily. will have to price a multicar policy when the renewal date comes around again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.