a-kem automotive

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Gave the wife's car a very quick wash yesterday (she asked me to wash it, then announced 5 minutes later she needed the car to go out) so it was the first chance i had to try out some of the anachem stuff. Very impressed with the lot of it - everything worked better than any previous product I'd tried.

In particular, I used the Articulate which removed loads of the built up dirt and splodges, and left the alloys a lot better with only the spray from the washer. Didn't get a proper go with the ultrafoam, but a quick spray with the Gleam at the end left it looking like I'd spent decent time waxing it.

Going to wash my car tomorrow so I'll take a few pics then, but it never gets too dirty.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Did you get a chance to try the TFR or UltraFoam yet @tbdevpaul
He's too much into his puppies at the minute by the looks of things!

@Simon998 - the smell in the concrete is obviously dogs pee as well as the normal doggy smells from wet smelly coats etc.

What I'd do (worked on a house my father in laws friend bought) is soak it with an enzyme over the course of a few days, especially on the porous concrete floor. It will work, but will take a few goes. Enzymes are the best option as they will eradicate it as opposed to masking it like jeyes etc.

Depending also on the overall smell, I have a fogging machine which may be suitable to completely fog the area with enzyme to get everywhere for you.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
what is the difference in ultraslick and ultragloss? would they be available in a bigger jar than 5litres?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Washed the wagon yesterday, but got too into it and forgot to take pics. All good, and the tar remover, foam, tfr and spray wax worked beezer.

Tar remover ate through the tar really well, but it did turn some other paint deposits bright blue and they were an absolute bugger to remove. Nickel or copper maybe? Or possibly iron that didnt wash off after using ironX?

Anyway, a bit of clay-barring got them off.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross, do you have a Quick Detailer?
Hi Ben

From what I've read on here, quite a few have tried using my UltraGloss (albeit at a slightly stronger dilution) as a QD.

I haven't tried it myself but actually will try today if I get he chance!

Reactions: Ben

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Hi Ben

From what I've read on here, quite a few have tried using my UltraGloss (albeit at a slightly stronger dilution) as a QD.

I haven't tried it myself but actually will try today if I get he chance!

You home again bud?

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
This was after a light spray of Ultra Gloss, fantastic product.

2717C56D-EC06-4BDD-9151-BCD3EF22F4B4_zpsvruglzwe.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Saw a nice GTD with anachem across the back window the other day "R5 LMA". Is this a company car because I will work for free if I can get one? Lol.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Ross did you change the colour of the foam solution? It's now grey/clear in my bottle instead of blue. Just making sure I have the right stuff haha

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Got the wife onto using the Anachem products on Saturday, articulate through a garden sprayer, ultrafoam, hosed off then bucket wash with Gleam. Spray with Ultragloss and I ended up doing the tyres with Ultraslick. Definitely best tyre product I've experienced!
image.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross did you change the colour of the foam solution? It's now grey/clear in my bottle instead of blue. Just making sure I have the right stuff haha
no mate - what has happened is that all dyes are now water based, and therefore the UV in sunlight is having a bleaching effect on the colour of the foam.

It does not in any way have a negative impact on the foam, merely loses colour.

I am onto my chemists now to find out about going back to the older dyes which will not lose their colour.

thanks for letting me know.

@coling2005 - thanks for sharing mate - very smart looking motor! Glad the products worked so well for you :grinning:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
no mate - what has happened is that all dyes are now water based, and therefore the UV in sunlight is having a bleaching effect on the colour of the foam.

It does not in any way have a negative impact on the foam, merely loses colour.

I am onto my chemists now to find out about going back to the older dyes which will not lose their colour.

thanks for letting me know.

It wasn't a complaint bud, just an observation. I don't mind what colour it is as it is a great product. Need to get some more stuff off you in the next week or so :grinning: