3/4 grand family mover

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
my sister has asked me to find her something around 3 grand or a little more. To replace her 05 mondeo tdci

I figure now a petrol may be more suited, it's short runs in and out of town.
Her and her 2 offspring so 5 door essential.
Any ideas. Something reliable would help lol or else I'll get it in the neck

Does not need an estate. Reasonably nippy not dead. Just that can perform basic overtakes in a timely fashion,

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Left field. I've had two of these both sport models, the wife had a diesel one which we did 55K in and now is with my son and still going strong.
My daughter has a 1.4 Tjet sport which is surprisingly nippy. The gearbox is the weak point on the petrols as it's the same M30 unit in a load of vauxhall stuff but it's £300 to get it re-conditioned with the likes of Gardiners. I should point out that the gearbox in both ours have given no bother yet. Boot is huge compared to other stuff in the same class. The sport ones often come with a panoramic roof which was a nice job.
Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Active 5dr

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Sport 5dr

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Not sure if she would go for something a bit less main stream.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Understandable but they are good wee cars and good value.
That top one has 14K miles on it for 4K.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Ford Focus C-Max petrol. Lots of car for humble money, reliable and cheap to run.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
I think she is more tempted for something smaller. Astra or Clio sized at a guess.

Jason

RMS Regular
13640996_645535208937454_4014664713842885549_o.jpg

13640898_645535212270787_6542330471389961576_o.jpg

2006 Astra 1.4 petrol, only 79k, 2 keys, fsh, years MOT £2250, car is very very clean too.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I think she is more tempted for something smaller. Astra or Clio sized at a guess.

Look no further that the fr Leon @Gobsheene is selling, 07 decent miles will last her rightly. Wee bit over budget but worth the asking price imo.

Edit; I thought I read £4K.

Last edited:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Left field. I've had two of these both sport models, the wife had a diesel one which we did 55K in and now is with my son and still going strong.
My daughter has a 1.4 Tjet sport which is surprisingly nippy. The gearbox is the weak point on the petrols as it's the same M30 unit in a load of vauxhall stuff but it's £300 to get it re-conditioned with the likes of Gardiners. I should point out that the gearbox in both ours have given no bother yet. Boot is huge compared to other stuff in the same class. The sport ones often come with a panoramic roof which was a nice job.
Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Active 5dr

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Sport 5dr

That is really quite impressive, 150bhp bugger all miles and for not a whole pile of money.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Look no further that the fr Leon @Gobsheene is selling, 07 decent miles will last her rightly. Wee bit over budget but worth the asking price imo.

Edit; I thought I read £4K.

She could do 4K
But a fr type spec be wasted on her. It's just to lug the kids about and batter around town.
And her style short trips would probably not be ideal for that type of car. Does look good though.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Are any of the Fiesta/Focus Ecoboost at that money yet? We have a Fiesta and it's a great little car

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nothing wrong with that right there, drove an Ibiza recently and it was absolutely grand.

I'm quite shocked at what £4K can buy you tbh.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Yeh, move away from the main vag and don't be overly picky about trying something a bit different I.e a 5 door small car that's petrol

I'll see if she likes it. MH motors gets a good name too

1.4 should be easy ran and reliable and easy maintained.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
prob be wiser spendin as little as pobbile if its for kids to be in. theyll have it wrecked inside

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Small 5 door and petrol, I'd go for a Honda Jazz 1.4.

I know of a 2010 1.4 se for sale FHSH low mileage. You won't find an easier car to maintain and run and reliability is a given with them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.