McLaren P1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Incredible.

In black:

Attachments

• McLaren.jpg
    McLaren.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 157

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Roof looks a bit odd in the front view...but amazing otherwise, it has that mentalness that the mp41203184129-c is missing

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Much better than this effort by McLaren (ultimate evidence, if any needed, that rich people should never, ever, be allowed to design/personalise anything!), and a lot cheaper too:
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=26198

The P1 really does look like a modern re-interpretation of the F1, and all the better for it. Awesome :cool:

I really like the fact they say it is focused more on going round corners than some pointless top speed (y)

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Official performance stats released. This thing is FAST. Figures are very close to Veyron figures, which is impressive considering the P1 doesn't have 4WD helping it's traction for launches.

Looks amazing too, definitely my favourite current hypercar in terms of looks.

0-62mph: 2.8secs
0-124mph: 6.8secs
0-186mph: 16.5secs
Standing quarter: 9.8secs at 152mph

Highlights-P1-2_2617243b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Back looks awesome, reminds me of something from a Terminator film.

Jay Leno has a video of it on his channel, worth a watch.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
The back has to have the rear spoiler up or it does look a tad odd...

Still prefer the La Ferrari though, the overall design of it is just stunning imo!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Giving this thread a bump up again now that the reviews of the McLaren P1 are all coming in.

Surprised there hasn't been more talk on here of it given the amazing reception it's getting. People who are no strangers to fast cars (Chris Harris, Richard Meaden, Jeremy Clarkson, etc) are getting out of the car and repeating themselves over and over, having to re-record camera segments because they can't concentrate on their spiel whilst driving it, and are generally saying the car does things they didn't think possible. Cornering. Accelerating. Being able to be driven in a docile manner one second, whilst out-pacing a Veyron the next. And then being controllable despite the massive power going to the rear wheels.

And then there's the stats. Just for comparison's sake, the McLaren F1 took 28 secs to hit 200mph..................... The P1 does it in 20 secs.

Game changer? A new standard for all hypercars/supercars to strive for?

Personally I love the look of the thing too, though some still think it's fugly. It's design came about purely because of wind testing and determining what was needed for it to generate the incredible G forces it does, so it's essentially a master class in function over form - but still looks epic. I'll have it in Genesis Blue please :laughing:

1395821_350773038393216_2086531958_n.jpg

1394448_350773185059868_1591426953_n.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.