PeteMoore

RMS Regular

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
The next Lanes/Targa rally is coming up this Saturday 1st June run by the Police Motor Club in the Ballinderry area. It was on the bank holiday last year so I couldn't compete but I heard good reviews so I'm really looking forward to getting out again.

The Nova needs 4 new tyres so I hope its not too rough as I would hate to damage them on their first day on the car.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
My entry is in, looking forward to it. Has anyone done this event before and knows if it is rough? Might put the colways on to get them worn away. Sick falling over them in the garage.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
My entry is in, looking forward to it. Has anyone done this event before and knows if it is rough? Might put the colways on to get them worn away. Sick falling over them in the garage.

Wasn't too bad last year to be honest. Some gravel, but nothing really rough.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
There are more rallies there than just Lanes/Targa rallies.

Lanes/Targa 2013:
20 April, DMC, Springfling Rally
01 June, PMC(NI), Targa Rally
20 July, QUBMC, Summer Lanes Rally
27 July, CMC, Rally
17 Aug, NDMC, Rally
12 Oct, MDMC, Navigation Rally with Autotests
25 Oct, PPMC, Peak Performance Rally
26 Oct, LMC, October Lanes Rally
09 Nov, BDMC, Autumn Lanes Rally
07 Dec, MDMC, MADMC Lanes Rally
27 Dec, UAC, Not the Boxing Day Rally

I'm not sure what the MDMC event is on the 12 October, or the PPMC event on the 25 October.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Not too rough last year, Hallstown is about the worst it gets. Entry list link below, but due to be updated before the weekend. The mini's been raised back up, sump guard back on and complete with new bigger engine so really looking forward to this this year, running number 6 too which is great

Seeded Entry List

gaz_5103

RMS Regular
Drives
SC Range Rover S
gaz_5103 I run a website www.stopastride.com that provides updates, reports etc on lanes/autotests. Also a facebook page which you can find links to on the site.

Thanks. Will need to get the Clio out to a lane rally. What all would I need to compete and is the navigation and rules straight forward enough to pick up on the night or would I be best looking into it before entering?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Thanks. Will need to get the Clio out to a lane rally. What all would I need to compete and is the navigation and rules straight forward enough to pick up on the night or would I be best looking into it before entering?

You will need to enter, pay for membership to a club and insurance on the day

navigation is basic tulip diagrams and distances with plenty of information ie road names, signposts, etc, so that bit is dead easy.

You and your navigator will have to have a basic knowledge of how to read an autotest diagram, simple lines showing your direction of travel round a set course.

Aside from that make sure the car is fit and healthy and you will be good to go

OZ10

RMS Regular

Adding to what Pete has already said, firstly its during the day, maybe your thinking of night navigation. It really couldnt be simplier, even without the diagram you really couldnt go wrong cuz its all cordened off but of course the diagram is there to let you know the corners, stop boxes, finish lines etc. Some of it is fast you will be surprised at the speeds you reach without the need for helmets, roll cages and racing suits. Only thing I would definately recommend is either keep the car standard height or put on a sump guard or both. I have done 3 sumps in when i drove the starlet ending my rally each time. Car needs to be taxed and MOT'd.

Rough idea on costs:

Entry approx £65
Membership £10 each
Insurnace approx £20

Totals usually around the £100 mark excluding fuel. Above costs depend on the club and road miles can be say 40-100 miles again depending on the club.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Police Motor Club Lanes 01/06/13 Seeded Entry List

deb9f9efc56ef2a940bdf0d58ccaad5c_L.jpg

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Seeded a mighty 45th!! It really has been a while since i've been out :p. Really looking forward to this now :grinning:. Missed all the night navs so far this year. First event since boxing day, so my aim is not to drive into anything.....

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
In the on going battle of Ciaran versus swansty, Swansty has once again won, the bollox.
I'm going to have to put in a bit of extra effort next time, or maybe I'll just buy some new parts, that's how it works in motorsport isn't it.

Great rally today. Rain was on and off all day which made some bits very slippy but it was brilliant craic.
I though some of the timing clocks seemed to be a bit off, did anyone else notice that?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Clocks were all over the place. Hopefully it was the same for everyone though. Well done to RComms for finishing and not hitting anything, even if he did beat me.
RallyCiaran - it's the Colway tyres!

Was a great event, thanks to all who organised and helped out today.

OZ10

RMS Regular
A bit off?? I don't know if people can't read or the clocks were a minute out but in three occasions we were marked down time. Unfortunately I only noticed the third when I got home.

Oh well happy enough with second in class and we were sitting 2nd overall earlier in the day till the wire came of the fuel pump so picked up a max on the big yard test. Dropped us to 15th.

Good day, great tests, bring on summer lanes

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
We were marked down a minute on test 13, the one that was shortened because it cut up too badly. I told the CoC but he wasn't one bit interested.

OZ10

RMS Regular
yeah right enough your down for 3 minutes there, dad was marked down for 3 minutes on one test as well. On his one they had him down for the same minute as the previous car. Silly mistakes, as well as the finish clock on that test must have been a minute out as well. Its a shame for a great run event to have issues like that that spoil the results for some when not noticed.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
The Queens University of Belfast Motor Club will be running their Summer Lanes Rally on 20 July 2013.

The event has proved to be popular in the past due to being very well organised and having a fun atmosphere, so getting your entry in early is recommended.

All types of cars can take part as long as they are road legal and 2WD. So whether you have a normal road car that you like to take out for a blast, or a stage rally/classic car that has been sat in the shed unused for a while, all are welcome. We have everyone from 17 year old beginners to stage rally champions taking part so no matter what your level of talent/experience there will always be someone to have a race against.

The entry fee is only £60, which includes 2 breakfasts. It's a very cheap days craic with some like-minded people.

QUBMC Summer Lanes Regulations:
http://www.anicc.org.uk/Resources/Documents/20130720_QUBMC_SummerLanes_Regulations.pdf

QUBMC Summer Lanes Entry Form:
http://www.anicc.org.uk/Resources/Documents/20130720_QUBMC_SummerLanes_EntryForm.pdf