Groupon supercar offer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Indeed! Is 2km a standard track length? Seems quite short. Would be over in no time!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
5 miles driving, 3 hours "experience", what are you going to be doing for the other 175 mins?

Well that's what I was thinking too. I suppose you will spend time watching other people on track too and get to hear the noise out of whatever car!

stevyg

RMS Regular
Has anyone done a trackday at Nutts Corner in a supercar before? Its not exactly a massive track, in fact its pretty pokey. I've raced karts on the full track before and I can't imagine you could get a car much over 100mph on the back straight.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Has anyone done a trackday at Nutts Corner in a supercar before? Its not exactly a massive track, in fact its pretty pokey. I've raced karts on the full track before and I can't imagine you could get a car much over 100mph on the back straight.

Have you raced at it since they extended it round the back of the paddock. Straight now has a left kink in the middle but a good bit longer

stevyg

RMS Regular
Have you raced at it since they extended it round the back of the paddock. Straight now has a left kink in the middle but a good bit longer

Yea I've done the long track plenty of times that goes round the back of the paddock, its still too short and narrow to get what I would consider an applicable amount of use out of a super car.. even more so if its wet. 3 laps would be dire but I'm wondering if anyone has done this before in a supercar and can maybe correct me.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Yea I've done the long track plenty of times that goes round the back of the paddock, its still too short and narrow to get what I would consider an applicable amount of use out of a super car.. even more so if its wet. 3 laps would be dire but I'm wondering if anyone has done this before in a supercar and can maybe correct me.

I know what you mean but I guess most people go to get a drive in that type of car.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Seen this earlier also, seems good offer but would be all over to quickly to be honest ... Don't see how it's 3 hours, certainly not behind the wheel.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Guy in work did a Ferrari experience. Guy met him at sanitfield and he got a good blast in it. Guy running it wasn't too worried about speed either, thoroughly recommended.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
As a passenger doesn't count!

**** I knew I should have said no to the fella, sorry mate not interested in a run because Woodcutter says it won't count lol

Being restricted to driving like a gimp at these track experiences and shifting early etc means the best experience IS as a passenger during the hot laps with the drivers. Got the wife a gallardo experience and that's exactly what happened and to every driver on the day

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did anyone buy/do this?

I see its on again at the minute, was chatting to a boy in work about it.

VERY tempted for the 2/3 car option.

rlavery99

RMS Regular
Bought this as a 60th birthday present for my Dad, he's never had the chance to drive a "supercar" so thought it might be good for him. Will post up what I think when he does it.

I did the drive in the 348 a couple of years ago, was good and as mentioned the "instructor" wasn't too fussed about speed but we were on public roads.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.