Modest Mods

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Sometimes the simplest of touches to our cars are what makes them great. I've seen some great, not always expensive, modest mods that improve the looks of a car, or make you think "That's quite clever" or "That's pretty nice".

eg. Simple stuff like custom centre caps, coloured wheel nuts, something that has been wrapped that looked quite nice that you really liked etc.

What are some modest mods you've done to your car or saw on someone else car that you quite liked & why? :grinning:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Always liked what @David_Showerks done to his mirror of his 180sx, thought this was pretty nice touch.

5BB5F992-B7A3-45FB-AE53-F7500E7DF89E-10184-000004BD3A60C634_zpsd285ef6f.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
There's 2 ep civics sit in tesco in Craigavon. There's an facelift ep2, black, rotas, lowered, mugen spoiler, possibly carbon bonnet. All in all not a bad looking car, bar the noisey exhaust. Then there's a silver ep3 pre facelift just lowered and is always gleaming and TBH it's the one that always catches my eye. The older I get the more less is starting to become more

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Silver indicators, debadging, adding a short aerial, calipers & hubs freshly painted are nearly always tiny improvements to any car

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
A nicely prepared car always stands out to me. As does something that sits just right. Took me a long time to appreciate "stanced" cars but my god does it look good

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
That caliper is an amazing idea! Looks awesome. Such a great little touch.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Nah he's not on much forums much besides buying parts.

But I know what work he's put into it & it's really a fantastic build & real nice to drive too. Although I haven't driven it since he put his Evo seats in it!

Dubshed-2013-PMcG-34.jpg

davey21

RMS Regular
I love seeing water beading nicely on a clean, well maintained car.

Not a mod, but shows that the owner takes the time to look after the car.
this is exactly what I was just coming into this thread to say lol

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Usually the first thing I do to a car is put silver indicator bulbs in, I cant stand the orange ones.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Have to agree with a really good wash and polish. Takes nothing but time and says to me that although you might not have the flashest, quickest, most modified car in the car park, you really appreciate what you have and have pride in it.

Aside from a good wash, I'd have any rough looking panels, calipers, discs etc painted. Had the rear bumper, front bumper and bonnet re-done on the Legacy. Also, after fitting a new set of Rota's (through necessity, but also cosmetically) I HAD to paint the calipers and brake disc centres.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
1st thing I do I de-badge the boot. I prefer the clean look.

Also love the bright white SMD sidelights, always look a lot cleaner and tidier.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.