Car for around 5k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Just wondering if anybody has anything up for sale or can recommend something around £5k?

I would like something reasonably quick as I am coming from an R32. I'm open to suggestions as I haven't a notion what I want!

Last edited:

davey21

RMS Regular
Well 5k and looking for a clean one would be hard enough especially if your looking for an sti you ll be buying a classic one. Be a big step backward s in comfort over the r32.

182 clio? St fiesta? Other options also depends on what age of car your will to buy.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm not overly bothered by age if I like the car and it is in good shape .

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I don't really want to have to go to the mainland though...

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I'm the exact same, with the exact same budget! Was intent on a MkV Golf.

Went up to look at this tonight but the guy had to go back to work so didn't arrive. Anyone know him and/or the car? Seemed alright from a look about it but light was going down so couldn't get a proper look with my crap torch. A few imperfections that would need tidied up, to be expected on a 9 year old car but the arches/wings seemed rust free, from the outside at least. Downside was it seemed to have a mismatch of ditch finders so thats £400+ that would need spent straight away. Front grills faded, wheels could do with a refurb, needs a good detail and correction. Crucially though, haven't a clue how it drives or details about the service history. Missed out on every possibility if a sale tonight but as he seemed genuine and had to stay late at work I would like to get up again for a decent look and a run in it. Do you think I should wait for a better example?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...5-door-r32evo-type-r/1056657536#photo-content

Sorry if this is kind of highjacking your thread @NickR85, but our requirements are the EXACT same so no point in a new thread. I promise I won't snipe anything on you, you can have first refusal on any suggestions!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
You want an MPS @anlygi

^ I agree

For your budget or less you'd pick up a 265bhp hatch with LSD standard issue and with a few hundred pound notes extra you're not far off 300bhp and alot of torque.

Great cars to drive and discreet to potter about in too.

I've not found much to match one in terms of spec, performance and reliability at that price point.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Haha! @Rocko I do but their rarity is proving difficult to source one. Only one I can find in Ireland is a left hooker in Dublin. Could take it to the mainland i suppose. There was a cracking silver one sold on usedcarsni in February along with @pablo GTI. Now I have the funds I cant find the cars!

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.