DVLA

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Guys,

wonder if you can help me! have to send a V5 away as it has a new owner on the car do you still send them to the DVLA in Coleraine or were it go now? had a quick look on the site couldn't see anything.

Cheers,

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Coleraine until tomorrow apparently. Really no idea what happens if its sent today and arrives over the weekend though. I assume it would just get lost somewhere and you'd be fined lol. Might be worth holding fire till after the weekend?

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@Jonny F i cant see an address to post it out to for swansea.
@Coog im thinking that aswell, reg plates been transferred over for me today

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Apparently this is Swansea's address

Vehicle Customer Services
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AR

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
uploadfromtaptalk1404983982512.jpg

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
To give you an idea of times etc.

I sent the V5C to Swansea at the end of April for a car I bought in Scotland.
End of June, Swansea then sent me a form back, keeping the original V5C that I had to send to Coleraine.
Sent that straight away on Monday 23rd June and still haven't heard anything back.

I was hoping to have it done and dusted before the transfer but that's looking unlikely now. It's looking like it'll probably get lost during the transfer now.

The bloody logbook has more miles on it than the car has!!!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Well my V5C has been lost and I brought it in to the DVLA in May. So I wouldn't send anything near them

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Not giving my much confidence as mine was put in the post last week for a new car and reg transfer :rolleyes:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Me too but I sent it recorded so at least when the fine comes through the post I'll have something to back me up lol

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I just followed the instructions on the V5 and posted the skyline one off on Monday, to coleraine. I know rightly its going to turn into a pain in the ass, but feck it, not my car now and i followed instruction.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Swansea was complaining about workloads before DVLNI even moved their stuff over so can't see it getting much better

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Lol, how can they be any more useless. They rarely get anything right

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
From my previous dealings with Swansea having various cars registered in England due to work, this will be a complete balls.
Not one of the useless feckers on the hill here could do anything about it because they were all too busy being 5 yr olds as bloody usual.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
There is no doubt, it was nice having local offices to go deal with paperwork, queries etc. Now, i honestly see any "out of the ordinary" dealings, turning into a circus. Like bringing a car up from the south, I have no idea what way that is going to work

Gavlar

RMS Regular
There is no doubt, it was nice having local offices to go deal with paperwork, queries etc. Now, i honestly see any "out of the ordinary" dealings, turning into a circus. Like bringing a car up from the south, I have no idea what way that is going to work
Would certainly be an easy money maker to add more fees etc for cars coming from ROI

Does it not cost a complete fortune the other way to bring cars into ROI from NI/GB?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I have done it a rake of times and it was a piece of cake when just dander into county hall, job done. Could have a car on the road on full MOT and tax and UK reg in about 5 days if you know the process. But now, no idea, sounds like a nightmare of posting stuff back and forward, also they gave you a few forms out at the desk that just needed a bit of info and a signature, no idea where to get them, by time its posted back and forwards, they freak out because you missed ticking a box, maybe royal mail drop the ball and loose some stuff, etc. Potential complete nightmare. And i reckon a phonecall at the other end will be something along the lines "oh its just them daft irish people i cant be bothered dealing with that"

Gambit

RMS Regular
i had a V5 registration query today for DVLA Swansea which i emailed them about, and they were very prompt in reply & answering thoroughly. but at the bottom of the email it stated

*Please do not submit the application before the 21/07/2014.

Last edited:

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Posted off tax book to coleraine for my old car on Friday. The guy I bought my new car off told me he was sending the tax book off to Coleraine on Wednesday. I'll prob never receive it now :relieved: I had some notion in my head all this stuff wasn't happening until December. :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.