MOT disc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ricky302

RMS Regular
Drives
S8,M3,GTIR,XJR
Why should we have to display our MOT discs now that it's easily checked the same as the tax disc?

Ricky302

RMS Regular
OP
Ricky302
Drives
S8,M3,GTIR,XJR
I'm taking both down tomorrow but putting my MOT one on the passenger sun visor so I can flip it down to show if needed. :laughing:

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Am I the only fecker who can't understand this change? Yup everything is ANPR now but I personally think it's a good idea to have tax, mot and I think insurance should have been included like the republic.
I drove my Volvo for 6 weeks convinced my English Mot expired in July when it was up in May. Granted it took me that long to check the paperwork, but a cursory glance at the windscreen would have revealed that oversight in a moment.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Don't see the point either but I have never shown an mot disk before. Might do now as I don't want to take down my original tax holder :worried:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I got told off by the police at the ferry terminal for not displaying my tax disc. He couldn't seem to grasp that when a car is involved in a cherished transfer, the tax disc is sent away. He just kept saying it should be displayed. Complete ****!

I'm nearly over it.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I was told off by police on my last car for not displaying tax and Mot, the car was in the process of a transfer. The stopped me and wouldn't let me go until they spoke to Coleraine lol

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
You aren't going to ave an MOT disc for the first 4 years anyways so you are always going to have some cars with and some without. Seems stupid to me.

j2112

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F36
I feel sorry for those companies who made their livelihood from making the holders!
I'm taking my mot disc down too, but will probably carry it in the car as suggested above.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
I got told off by the police at the ferry terminal for not displaying my tax disc. He couldn't seem to grasp that when a car is involved in a cherished transfer, the tax disc is sent away. He just kept saying it should be displayed. Complete ****!

I'm nearly over it.

I would have had a field day with that lol

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
The £200 fine you can get for not displaying a mot disc for a car that had its last mot in NI when the car is used in NI would be enough to convince me!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What £200 fine is this,first I've ever read that one

The one that's been an option for a few years ?

Wouldnt imagine it's highly enforced unless the cop in question was a ballbag with absolutely nothing better to do.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.