Land Rover Discovery with green glass like police cars and a tiny aerial on the back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
What are these things? See a few of them every day going to work driving through Dundonald and they always have guys with suits in them. I am guessing CID or something was always curious to what they were

moorsojr

RMS Regular
Drives
320D M Sport
Yep, Judges get ferried around in them. if you get a chance to look at one up close you'll notice they have enormous Brembo brakes. Also the wheels are different to any other Disco, and impossible to find. Was looking a set for the BM.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ha! I was looking for a set too, couldn't even find a photo of them.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
And just beware, I've seen them pull people over too, so they do seem to be able to do people as well.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Yep, Judges get ferried around in them. if you get a chance to look at one up close you'll notice they have enormous Brembo brakes. Also the wheels are different to any other Disco, and impossible to find. Was looking a set for the BM.

Think they are possibly Willwood not Brembo !!

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I'm standing looking at one, Brembos, and there's not much clearance between them and the wheel! I think the wheels are US spec versions btw.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
PSNI CPU (Close Protection Unit)for judges as said. All V8 petrols too afaik

Few diesels as well, though they're the non-armored examples. The armored ones are all usually mapped, heavier suspension and big brakes to help cope with the extra weight.

The CPU has a base over in Dundonald, hence why you'd see them about there.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Used to see two following a judge round they aren't allowed to switch the engine's off either, we'd been out once for a good 4-5 hours and they never switched them off any time i was near them.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I call BS on that lol I'd say that depends where they are/parked lol I see them a lot through work every week and they've the engines off and they're here all day

You've the option to believe what you wish, but the judge was overseeing a high profile case at the time.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It's the 3 grey A6's that head to Downpatrick almost every morning in a huge hurry that get me. Over taking together, jumping the lights at the crossroads in Saintfield while bumper to bumper and basically looking like they have just performed a bank job...

Be a hard job, accepting a wage for a role like that...

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
[QUOTE="Nicky, post: 2542522, member: 5527"Over taking together....basically looking like they have just performed a bank job...

[/QUOTE]

I've seen a group of these types of cars doing this sort of thing in the past also, being able to drive perfectly alone is one thing, but a group of cars flowing through a twisty back road is very impressive to watch!

MINTER_GTR

RMS Regular
Drives
R34, 530i sport
couple of these knocking around Derry too,heard they were brought in for the G8 summit in Fermanagh a wile back ,but yeah in Derry i think traffic branch are using them as ive seen them pull people

mcma1

RMS Regular
Drives
A Bull
I shot up behind on last week, just coming off the m1 heading to portadown audi, he was hogging the outside lane and I was itching to blast on as I like that stretch on the slip road...anyway next thing the back end lit up with the blue lights, near shat.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.