Everyone on the internet has a Golf R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
True story.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/10/16/everyone-on-the-internet-has-a-golf-r/#.VEVe_fnF98H

2014-Volkswagen-Golf-R.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
ahh sh!t thats whats parked on my driveway ...i was wondering there for a minute lol

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Iv been thinking recently about selling my car and going and getting one of these or something else bonkers on lease, then at the same time I don't want to be wasting money on renting a car when my own is in perfectly good order.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
There is some nice Lease Deals out there for these Nick Bonar Car Sales has a deal this week £1236 Plus Vat Deposit and then £206 a month after that for two years.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Can you get said deals on second hand? Would they not be cheaper on a ex-demo because the initial residual hit has been suffered?

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Can you get said deals on second hand? Would they not be cheaper on a ex-demo because the initial residual hit has been suffered?

Would the ex demo models not have had the dung raked out of them from cold, launched on every test drive etc? I'd defintley want the same level of warranty if purchasing one of these!

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
What way do these lease plans wok? £206 per month for 2yearw then hand it back? Who covers tax and servicing etc?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
2nd hand market will be flooded with them in 2yrs time. a mk7 GTI is nearly more exclusive than mk7 Golf R!

True. But exclusivity or not, the R is a fantastic driving thing from all accounts. As car fans we probably perceive that the market will be 'flooded' in a couple of years, but the reality is that VW are still behind target on Golf R Sales (hence why the fantastic lease deals are appearing again) and they are a niche performance car. They'll still not be that common a sight.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've only saw one on the road so far. I've spotted more R8's.

The deal is a bad timing for me personally, but as with the M135i offer I'm sure more will be along some time in the future.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
I've only saw one on the road so far. I've spotted more R8's.

The deal is a bad timing for me personally, but as with the M135i offer I'm sure more will be along some time in the future.

I know there will be at least one more on the roads come February :cool:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I saw a silver one for the first time yesterday and it looked well.

I'm not sure they suit the red and the blue is a bit common, don't knoe what colour I'd go for.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Had the same dilemma, but in the end it has to be the Lapiz blue just for the exclusivity factor. In a years time every 1.6tdi will have the R kit so should keep it looking a bit more authentic and every person leasing is going for red as it's the base colour.

Oynx white looks great too I think

I saw a silver one for the first time yesterday and it looked well.

I'm not sure they suit the red and the blue is a bit common, don't knoe what colour I'd go for.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.