Longlife exhausts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Hi guys, getting bored of the Focus in its current state, and thinking about some light tuning.

I know Street Racer does the longlife exhausts, and they have a few pics of ST's in their albums, so obviously know what theyre doing in terms of building the exhausts.

What I want to know though, have any of you got a long life exhaust for tuning purposes? Brands like milltek and mongoose etc seem to be the big name in ST tuning.

Has anyone done a before and after rolling road test etc to see what performance gains are available from a longlife system?

Thanks

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've got a long life exhaust and I personally would not recommend one. It knocks against my chassis despite being in for adjustments and the quality of the welding is not good. It leaks at the weld. The bends seem OK and the quality of the pipework & bending seems good. It was expensive though.

I was quoted £80 to sort a perished flexi pipe to the very same exhaust and despite my reservations I went ahead in order to maintain the 'life long' warranty. When I arrived to the longlife dealer for my prearranged appointment the fitter was not there and had taken the day off. I bought a new flexi elsewhere and welded it myself for about £20 all in and a couple of hours of my time. The quality of the weld I did seems better than the long life one, though it's only been about a year so time will tell how it holds out and I'm not an experienced welder.

Personally I would go to milltek or the likes. It's bolt on/off usually so when the time comes to sell you can remove from the car if you like. I bought a scorpion since for another car and the quality difference between it and the longlife is significant, plus after sales have been great, and it was comparable price (albeit I fitted it myself).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.