Parking over driveway

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

-herc-

RMS Regular
What is the law with parking over someone's driveway?? Our neighbours for the last few years continually do it. Sometimes blocking the whole driveway and other times like attached.

All the houses have driveways and a garage. But sometimes its a struggles for the wife to drive into our own garage due to them taking up part of it.

It has got out if hand. They reversed into my leon last year thankfully no damage. But their niece sped off and I had to run outside to stop her! One night I was in the gym sauna sweating out water for fight and was very weak. The wife was coming to collect me as agreed but the neighbours relatives parked over our driveway and went out with their keys. So she couldn't come get me..

We received a call from our management team for all the houses in our cul-d-sac stating there was complaints of a commercial vehicle blocking cars. (My Hss van)

The wife told the company to do one as we have complained about our own driveway and nothing has been resolved!!

Can I phone the police if they continually block our driveway??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 565
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 512

Shaun

RMS Regular
We have the exact same problem mate, been happening for about 5 years and that's been 2 different people living in the house in that time.
Made so many complaints it not even worth while doing it now. If they are parked over our driveway and i come home i park to make it as awkward as possible for them to get out lol

Worst of it is their driveway it always empty they just park on the fecking street!

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Have the same nonsense in our street, have to rap doors every other time I want to get into the drive. Two main offenders but they have the attitude that they've lived here longer so they own the street. Held my tongue more than enough times so would be interested to see any legislation on this

Gavlar

RMS Regular
We didn't buy a house in an area we used to like because we realised it had this exact same problem, hateful esp when they don't use their ****ing driveways. I find they're giving less and less room now for cars in new developments

colin84

RMS Regular
We have exactly the same problem. Next door is a child minder and and the parents constantly park over our drive despite our neighbour asking them not to and the fact they can park anywhere else. After having to knock the door a hundred times asking them to let me out I had to say a few things they didn't like, and so far so good.

But now someone has started leaving a ****box corsa half over the drive. I have never seen anyone leaving it there, but it was there all the time and could be parked anywhere instead of nearly half way over our driveway. So I used a valve remover on the drivers side tyres, and it hasn't been parked there since. But since then I've actually realised it is one of my neighbours a few houses down and they have a fuking driveway! What is wrong with people?

As far as I know it is illegal to block a car in, but not to block you out. You are obviously a big guy, so I would go ape **** and see how they like that, because your neighbours sound like assholes.

Reactions: AC

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Put up a couple of signs...

USERS OF THIS PARKING SPACE DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK...

THE LANDLORD DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, ACCIDENTS, OR LOSSES.

although personally it would break my heart to inflict damage to that nice blue BMW

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I would approach it in a friendly manner, highlighting your issues (with photos if you feel necessary), and say you understand the street can be busy but you have received complaints about your own vehicle causing a "block" and the reasoning was maybe because someone else had inconsiderately blocked your own driveway. I would try to be friendly and just highlight you felt it important to inform them. If that fails, then as @tom500 said, bring home a forklift.

Also, if this has been raised before between yourself and your neighbours and friendly didnt work, then just approach as you see fit

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I would put a few cones along the kerb at the end of the driveway.

dannydnn

RMS Regular
I've had the same problem before even tried talking and being nice to them.
But you can only tolerate dickheads so much 'till you snap.
Women blocked me in one day so I went and said nicely could she let me out, then she went off on one so I just said she had one minute before her window was getting put in and the handbrake let down. Car wasn't long being shifted when she saw me grab the collapsible pull bar out of the boot :grinning:

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Thankfully hasn't happened to me yet since I moved into my new house as I'm OCD with stuff like this and despise inconsiderate parking.

If a polite word doesn't work, I'd deliberately go out of my way to make sure I park as close as possible to the offending car in order to block them in. Using both your car and van.

They'll soon get the message when they have to ask you to move a few times.

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
Cable tie their door handle to your gate fencing just to be a knob and when they come up crying about what you have done you can confront them about why they keep forgetting it's your driveway. On and then arm bar them they won't forget that..

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Cheers guys. We have approached the situation nicely then it got to the stage I use to park the leon really close to them. One so I wasn't blocking out neighbours driveway and two to annoy them. They reversed into it then drove forward.

I keep asking. This was yesterday and was one of two cars parked over the driveway the wife took. Last week a white van was over the driveway and I snapped and told the neighbours friend to move his fuking car and he did.

But since then we received that complaint from our management company.

Think we will sell up and move. Doesn't help they have two little **** sons that throw rubbish in our driveway and leave scooters in driveway.

Last night i put the dinner on and we popped down the shop to pick up Treats. Came back no longer than 15mins and a scooter was lying in our drive. I just drove into it and pushed it!! The kids use the road to play fuking golf football and bike ramps!!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
One of the reason I moved from my last house was where my car was parked was where all the kids played football etc and it drove me mad seeing scuffs after spending all weekend polishing it. Got a proximity sensor alarm , put up a "no ball games sign" late one night so no one knew it was. It was a hot topic , neighbours were outraged "they're only kids playing" , "its just cars" , "how dare the council put up a sign". So nobody else cared so moved away.
Moved to a house with garage & driveway and I guard it with a vengeance . I don't care if it's a toddler , if you step one foot on MY tarmac they get told :grinning: . Had a nightmare for a few months when nobody lived next door and the kids used their drive as a playground , but other than that they know to stay away.
Sure I'm probably the local "grumpy git" but I couldn't care less. Caught a couple of the teens throwing stones at my car when it was in the driveway (they deliberately waited till I went indoors but didn't realise I was going in to open the garage) Approached them , told them if they even look at my car again I'll beat the life out of them. Went to their parents doors and informed them that if I catch them damaging my property again I won't be held responsible for my actions. I mean , their parents can see what I can and obviously don't care.

Any toys , rubbish , footballs etc just chuck on onto the road. If anyone has a problem they'll soon learn . I'm playing the long game , when those kids get their 1st car I'm haveing a five a side stone throwing party , only about 10 years or so to wait :grinning:

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
This would do my head in.
I'd have the 'don't be a ****' conversation & if that doesn't work I'd actually don't know what I'd do.

Shaun

RMS Regular
One of the reason I moved from my last house was where my car was parked was where all the kids played football etc and it drove me mad seeing scuffs after spending all weekend polishing it. Got a proximity sensor alarm , put up a "no ball games sign" late one night so no one knew it was. It was a hot topic , neighbours were outraged "they're only kids playing" , "its just cars" , "how dare the council put up a sign". So nobody else cared so moved away.
Moved to a house with garage & driveway and I guard it with a vengeance . I don't care if it's a toddler , if you step one foot on MY tarmac they get told :grinning: . Had a nightmare for a few months when nobody lived next door and the kids used their drive as a playground , but other than that they know to stay away.
Sure I'm probably the local "grumpy git" but I couldn't care less. Caught a couple of the teens throwing stones at my car when it was in the driveway (they deliberately waited till I went indoors but didn't realise I was going in to open the garage) Approached them , told them if they even look at my car again I'll beat the life out of them. Went to their parents doors and informed them that if I catch them damaging my property again I won't be held responsible for my actions. I mean , their parents can see what I can and obviously don't care.

Any toys , rubbish , footballs etc just chuck on onto the road. If anyone has a problem they'll soon learn . I'm playing the long game , when those kids get their 1st car I'm haveing a five a side stone throwing party , only about 10 years or so to wait :grinning:
**** man that sounds exactly like ours lol
They play cricket in their garden and hit every car in the estate. Their weins also always throw half eaten sandwiches etc into our yard.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Just chuck all the crap out off you're property. I used to put it in my bin but why should I pick up after their kids ?

Eveytime I see the kids eating crisps or something I think "wonder how long it'll be before that ends up in my garden"

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Just chuck all the crap out off you're property. I used to put it in my bin but why should I pick up after their kids ?

Eveytime I see the kids eating crisps or something I think "wonder how long it'll be before that ends up in my garden"
You are a grumpy auld git lol

scub

Banned
I would be fit to be tied if my neighbours were doing that, have a less than polite word, I had to with one of our neighbours after being polite didn't work
me too - that would melt my head . hate inconsiderate bastids like that !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.