Porsche Driving Day

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Porsche UK invited a few customers to drive the 991 Turbo S, Cayman GTS & two Cayennes.

It was the most 'involving' test drive I've ever experienced on the public roads lol 4 customers, 4 cars & 4 drivers from the Porsche Motorsport team @ Silverstone.

The new 911 was like a jet fighter taking off, but to be honest I found the Cayman a more fun drive.

The route was from Agnews Porsche on Boucher out to dundrod, a few laps of the GP circuit (public road) and then back to boucher.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Looks great craic. Agreed took both brothers over to their Silverstone track and the time I was supposed to go the flight was cancelled due to fog. Hard to beat slagging someone else's car round a track

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I did the Porsche experience day at silverstone and the real star of the day for me was the older generation Cayman R. 991 C2S was incredible, but the Cayman just handled so well.

Really looking forward to getting myself back into a Porsche in 2015

Curtiz

RMS Regular
I saw the Turbo and Cayman driving together this morning on Boucher. Really like the look of the Cayman

jc7891

RMS Regular
I watch them come out of tates alot from getting fuel and lighting them up and I think the cayman sounds better than the turbo.

Peadar

RMS Regular
OP
Peadar
Drives
Cayenne
I watch them come out of tates alot from getting fuel and lighting them up and I think the cayman sounds better than the turbo.

Yea - the Cayman has the Porsche Sports Exhaust (PSE) whereas the 911 has the 'standard' Turbo S exhaust.
They haven't released a PSE for the 911 Turbo S yet.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.