Tyres- budget or not

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hey all

I could really do with two new tyres on the front but don't really want to spend loads of money a few days before Xmas on tyres, can anyone recommend a brand that would be considered budget but still decent.

Size is 255/35/19

Cheers

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
What sort of money for Hanooks and Kuhmo?, anyone used uniroyal?

'96dc2

RMS Regular
I'd probably just go decent and put it on the plastic if your wanting to hold onto your cash.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Really like uniroyals, put a set of rainsport 3's on my daughter's bravo turbo and have had rs2's on other cars too. Wifes car is currently on uniroyal winters...

Rainsports are not the best tyre in the dry by any means but as a good all rounder they work well. Years ago i got through a pair of 440's in 4k miles but that may have been down to driving style...;)

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Cheers all, I'll phone round tomorrow and see what's on offer.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
@ruairi83 i would defo been interested in those but I see that you are in Derry. You don't happen to be coming near Belfast anytime soon as that is a seriously long way from me

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
@ruairi83 dont know anyone up that direction mate, pity those would have been perfect.
Thanks for the offer anyway.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Brave few from up derry that work in belfast area is there not, on here ? Someone maybe grab them ?

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
If anyone can grab them I'll happily throw them a few quid for the trouble

pablo

RMS Moderator
Stick em on the bus. They take packages.

Would cost me £30-40 to drive to Derry and back not sure about OP

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I had Sunnys on my car and was well impressed with the grip compared to Hankooks. I just couldn't find them anywhere when I went to get new tyres. I would definitely try them again. Cornering grip was similar but the Sunnys resisted spinning up when accelerating.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
@Darren91 grabbes tyres for me before in Belfast. Sound fella, pm him in case he heading up again. My old boy going to belfast Audi on Tuesday could maybe throw them to him but he is odd ball and if you where not on time woule just batter on and leave.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
@ruairi83 i could meet you dad at Audi on Tuesday if it suits him, just give me a time and I'll be there. I'm off work at the moment so nothing stopping me being there on time.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Get onto black circles or the likes for a rough idea on brands and prices and what speed rating you want etx

I kno it's an expensive time of year but tyres are important...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.