Golf GTi mark 5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Landed home with this tonight, was just what was required as the wife is due any day now, so thought a 3 door hot hatch would be ideal.
Bought it off a workmate, 2005 with 90k miles, but hasn't moved in about 6 months apparently. It has done 3,000 miles since the last MOT which has now expired, so first thing is to get a bit of test onto it.
It needs a hell of a clean as well, so will hopefully get round to that before junior arrives!

Had never driven a petrol mark 5 before, and always heard people raving about the GTi's, but could never understand the fuss, as the diesels, while comfortable and dependable, could never be called fun. This has totally suprised me, unreal how much "lighter" it feels over a diesel, and handles soo much better!

Crap just home pictures:
411119429.jpg

411119428.jpg

411119427.jpg

411119426.jpg

411119351.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice!

I hope you got it for a good price? :p

Let me know if you ever replace the wheels.

Reactions: AMG

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Very nice!

I hope you got it for a good price? :p

Let me know if you ever replace the wheels.

I didn't go with the intention of buying it, he just wanted a jump start, wife was happy when I landed back to the house needing a lift back for my car!!
If I replace the wheels, which is doubtful, they will be making their way onto the wife's derv!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Did I pass this near Ballynahinch/anahilt/hillsborough around teatime tonight??

GTI's are a pretty good allrounder, even better with a map!

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Did I pass this near Ballynahinch/anahilt/hillsborough around teatime tonight??

GTI's are a pretty good allrounder, even better with a map!

Could have, around 8ish, old fella decided he would like a drive, and just pulled in at side of the road!! He was following me out to his house in a red E46.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Very nice. Good to see another silver with a sunroof (y)

Reactions: AMG

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Very nice. Good to see another silver with a sunroof (y)

Sunroof is one of my favourite things about it actually, been ages since I have had a car with one, and would much prefer it to air con.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
silver is a great colour in the mk5 gti's (y) when clean lol

It's going to take a lot of cleaning!! Back left caliper must have been drove for months seized, wheel is pure black with brake dust!! He replaced the caliper and discs, then just parked it up.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
This car seems to have the blue tinted glass (no bad thing as i think it looks better!), but I thought it only came on the R32's?

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Nice looking motor fella, I would get the darker headlights if it hasnt already got them? the headlights being on is maybe throwing me.

Great car to bomb about in the summer.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Yeah, 2 Golfs in house, and buggy doesn't fit in the boot, not a good situation!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.