2008 Passat Bluemotion

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Never bothered putting this up before as didn't think Passats were thread worthy but a few others have recently, so why not I thought.

It's a company car, I was offered a b8 passat or keep this and a pretty decent raise. I took the raise, as this serves its purpose just fine. I can spend my raise on the mx5 instead.

20150418_185337_zpspmzclcrq.jpg
[/URL]

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
All that's been done is:

Remapped at obd autotune to about 145bhp

Refurbed the original diamond cut wheels as they were badly corroded. I took them back to bare metal, acid edge primer then primer and vw atlas grey in tribute to my old mk2 golf. No lacquer as I didn't want a high sheen finish. This means they dirty quite quickly.

I cut off the down turned exhaust tips and put on stainless steel tips.

I got dents removed at the recent dent day.

Replaced parts of the gear linkage to tighten it up.

Seats were wet cleaned at pgm, as well as 50cal hydrophobic window treatment at the same time.

4x driving lights relayed to the main beams, all bulbs are osram nightbreaker unlimited.

Vcds mods like leaving home, coming home lights, auto lock and unlock.

Oh and it has cruise control from the factory.

I pulled off the front lip last week and repainted it as it was a bit faded

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
I want that chrome edged grille for mine! £199 from Agnews I think....

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
Cool cheers, you knows your passats

Another question, what ever tight arse specced this car didn't tick the box for rear speakers. Shocking lol.

Do you reckon the loom will be there or will I need to run cables.

Also what size speakers could I fit in the rear doors?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Nice car. I've just bought a B6 and love it. That's a fresh looking car for over 200k!

Must admit I like the B7/8's. Will probably just upgrade to one when the time comes

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Unfortunately if no rear speakers are fitted you won't have the wires and will need to run them from the head unit,speaker size is 6"

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
Stupid tight gits. At least I can run decent cable. That's a job for a sunny Sunday morning.

I'm guessing the head unit will actually have the amp for 4 channels

@VWnut

It's very fresh, spent all it's time on the motorways in England

There is literally no wear on the steering wheel, gearknob or seats.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
You will pick up a good used one for around £40
Been looking for a used one for a while now but nobody will sell one separate... They want you to buy the whole bumper/grill assembly as one:worried:

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Must get a look through to see, they make quite a big difference to the look of the car IMHO..

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia

Nothing very exciting, but finally got my new wheels on today. (Along with the correct size spigot rings and the vw centre caps.)

I'm very pleased with them, they sit in the arches much better as they are 245 wide.

On other news, new clutch, flywheel and starter motor in the last few weeks. And a tail light that had leds starting to fail.

Next will be another interior clean at big Pete's then I'll clay and wax it

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Wheels look good, I'd the same in mine and it made it feel more planted. Tramlined a bit though over our glorious smooth tarmac. Was the clutch/flywheel expensive?

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
It tramlines slightly and the rides a bit lumpier but nothing that's intrusive.

Biggest problem is the rear wheels are rubbing on the arch liners over bumps when the car is loaded up with 3 adults. Any ideas people? I'm gonna try to get lower profile tyres when these are done, and stop driving around with too many tools in the boot

Clutch and flywheel was 650 fitted, genuine oem replacement. Highly recommend DMS autos if you are near East Belfast.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I think I was running 245/45 on the estate I had, it didn't rub. But was on standard suspenders.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
Maybe my rear springs are done. The bluemotion has the sport suspension, but I think that's only 15mm lower than standard.

Shouldn't be going up into the arches that easily. Could be an excuse for some Eibachs :-D

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
So I fitted a rather bright led light bar on Friday

And then today it blew it's turbo, yay!

Attachments

• 20160604_002935.jpg
    20160604_002935.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 80
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.