Advertising on your car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Anyone done this in the past?

Im sure some of the business owners on here do it but what about selling the space to others?

Something I have been seriously thinking about but don't know where to start or even if an '01 3series would be attractive to potential advertisers?

Help?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Who offers this service?

Its something I thought about years ago as a business idea but couldn't see how it would work.

If there was a place doing it they'd probably be looking an Elise, Caterham or huge 4x4 and not a 14 yr old beemer (no offense)

Sportwag

RMS Regular
It is likely to affect your insurance - some Vicar in England recently ran into problems with her insurer for having evangelistic graphics on the side of her Zafira.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
If you are using your car to make money you have to have business use insurance

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I was asked to do it for a local tyre company in exchange for a good deal on tyres. I declined simply because they wanted it permanently on and I wanted it on a magnetic backing so I could remove it when not at work.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I was asked to do it for a local tyre company in exchange for a good deal on tyres. I declined simply because they wanted it permanently on and I wanted it on a magnetic backing so I could remove it when not at work.

Why not? The TVR would looker weaker m8 all stickered up :p

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
ni-vans_homeslider2-710x292.jpg

Works ok on our pathfinder, but could not see you making much money on your own vehicle

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If I was a business looking to pay someone to advertise on their car I'd make sure to pick someone who travels up down and around the country all day.

KillerJim

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 / TVR
I'd need a far amount of money to stick something on the TVR :p

Did think about advertising my company on the TVR but it would only be for raising the brand for recruitment purposes (we don't sell stuff locally) and there's just something cheesy about it... +o(

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I recall looking into this ages ago when I was still at uni.

There are companies out there who do search for cars to advertise on, I just cant recall the name of them now.

I do remember that there was a stipulation that you had to be doing at least 400 miles a month/week (cant remember).

I have started to use sign writing on our work vehicles to advertise who we are and what we do.
I will likely end up putting this on my Landrover too as its mainly used with the job.

As for the daily driver, no way will it be getting stickered up, too many people with road rage with the potential to trace the business and give off lol

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Unless you are advertising your own business of as a favour for a good mate or family member I cant see many if any businesses wanting to pay to put their name on your car...only exception would probably be if youre a taxi driver as they tend to be on the roads a lot and the people paying know that they will be seen plenty

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

Did think about advertising my company on the TVR but it would only be for raising the brand for recruitment purposes (we don't sell stuff locally) and there's just something cheesy about it... +o(

Fiver here for you to put a Ford badge on it :p

Gemma

RMS Regular
I'd thought about doin it on my fiesta...advertising swimming lessons etc but sorta thought....nahhhhh cause if I do something rash I'm easier identified lol :innocent:

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S

Giz' a job Jim!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.