Saab 9-3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

daz9k

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
Just picked up today. Very happy [emoji16]
Few niggles to get sorted out and a good clean needed.
uploadfromtaptalk1431966962112.jpg

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Funny I had the loan of one of these all last week.
Red 9-3 Vector Sport 150bhp, some class touches like ignition in the centre console & the profiled handbreak.
No wonder they went bust lol

Yours is a lovely colour, health to enjoy

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
The cheapy interior really lets it down . Seats not in great nick either but .... the body and engine are great so I can live with it for the moment. The radio and info display dont work either but have found out its totally missing the amp.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The cheapy interior really lets it down . Seats not in great nick either but .... the body and engine are great so I can live with it for the moment. The radio and info display dont work either but have found out its totally missing the amp.

Aye info was goosed on mine too!
And the seats were minging lol

Jason

RMS Regular
Good cars these, lost count the amount iv sold now lol Few starting niggles usually but over all a sturdy car

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I guy around the corner from me has the 2.0t version of this, in red. Only 26k on it and he's owned it from new. I've pestered him to sell it for around 2 years now and he won't budge lol. Gonna keep at him, they are great cars imo. Good luck with yours.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Good reliable motors and so comfortable too. Good luck with it(y)

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
They are all 2.0 the 1.8 is just a detuned 2.0. Soon to be retuned

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
You can reset the ecu by removing F2 fuse for 15 mins. I did it on my old one and it def had more go as the traction control light started coming on when it never would have before. If they have been driven easy or in traffic etc for a long time the ecu self learns and retards the timing and fuelling etc.

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
Thanks. Ill take it out now and put it back in the morning and see how it goes. Its a little lumpy on idle also so ill get a look at the plugs.

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
I know zero about this b207. A little bit more about b2#4 and b2#5's but the ecu fuse is the same with those.

Boksic

RMS Regular

Are you sure your model is supposed to have the amp? The basic cd player with no green screen on it, just buttons doesn't have an under seat amp. The others do. If you have the better head unit but the amp has disappeared you can loop a bit of fibre optic cable to bypass the amp and the radio will work without it. If you have bing bongs and indicator clicks then the amp has been bypassed.

Had a diesel one myself, was a good car. Sister and dad both drive them and mate has a white one. jas lad has sold most of the ones that gumtree NI has seen this long time!

Health to drive!

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
Humm maybe mine has no amp then. No idea why the radio and display dont work. Is it still tech2 to read these. I have a big orange i up on the dash

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
No indicator noise or door chimes. Theres a fuse for the amp in the fuse box under the bonnet and a black connector plug under the passenger seat.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Nice machine. I'm thinking of a more modern, for me, car now that my Volvo has been trashed and am thinking about a 9-3/9-5 Saab of some sort. Always preferred them to modern Volvos Mercedes etc. Mind you all these modern electronics will blow my mind after the cars I'm used to.

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
Its doing it to me already. 3 fuse boards all fibre optic wiring. ...... Im confused. It is really good to drive though. Precise steering and good brakes somthing the 9000 lacked. I loved both my 9-5's and would have another anytime.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Yeah they're dear.. I bought one and plugged it in without cleaning up the terminals, got a few crackles and a pop, had to open it up and bypass, heart broken and £ lost! I've a tech 2 here in ballymena if you're ever up this way. It'll not tell you much that you don't already know though!

Disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect to see if it'll make things alive again. Can be temperamental cars, and trying to understand the silly things could drive you crazy

daz9k

RMS Regular
OP
daz9k
Drives
Saab 9000 aero
Thanks for the offer mate.

Just got sorted. No 10amp fuse in number 3 for the cd changer.... WIN. Still have a big orange I on the dash.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.