My 90s SEAT's Ibiza CUPRA / Cordoba SX

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B2AUDI80

RMS Regular
Drives
passat , audi 80
Not everyone's taste but,,,
Always had a bit of a thing for a copper Gti Ibiza after seeing them at the motorshow in 97/98ish
Eventually found myself one that suited in the UK in 2014, by no means mint but an unmolested car needing tidied, ex N.I car too as it turned out,
It's an early CUPRA 16v gti
10297883_772599939463511_2661147131714713232_n.jpg

The cordoba SX was another car I always had a notion of, especially the TDI version, and eventually one turned up that fitted the bill
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...13_8180365883698271594_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
A couple of nice tidy machines you have there. A bit left field and there's no harm in that.

brendy

RMS Regular
Very nice, I had an ibiza then moved onto a 2.0 16v SX myself. My wee brother had an 8v coupe too though got hold of a set of 16v multispokers like your ibiza, looked really well until he part ex'ed it for a rover...still to this day do not know what he was thinking.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
A rare sight indeed! My uncle had a yellow Ibiza and a turquoisey metallica Cordoba GTI which had the Mk3 Golf GTI 16V engine. Always loved the Cordoba, was one of the first cars I was in that felt really brisk. Then he traded it in for Xantia?! Mental.

B2AUDI80

RMS Regular
OP
B2AUDI80
Drives
passat , audi 80
Thanks folks, Cordoba I think in TDI sx only had a production run of a few hundred as far as I'm aware, so was very happy that one popped up on the radar only an hour from me earlier in the year, both have the same 1/2 leather, Cordoba is specced slightly better with sunroof, aircon etc
By no means pristine examples but they've survived the dreaded tinworm not so bad that most 90s SEAT'S succumbed to, added to the fact a lot of ibizas had the Abf removed for conversions makes the ibiza 16v a fast disappearing model now

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.