1999 Subaru Impreza WRX STI V5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Hello! After selling the EVO I got bored and bought a 1994 Impreza WRX which was a superb clean car and got me in the mood for a proper Scooby again! So, after a friend told me about someone looking for a clean V1 Impreza, I sold the silver one without even advertising it!

Anyway, as luck would have it I found a gem of a car a V5 STI (280 BHP Standard). It only has 61,000 miles on the clock and is about as standard as you get (a Fujitsubo Exhaust was the only modification).

I then purchased a set of new wheels Speedline ST2s (a lovely discontinued rare wheel from that era so suit it perfectly IMO) and had them refurbished in the original gold. I then needed some rubber so instead of my usual Goodyear F1 V2s I decided to go for something different and went for four new Michelin PS3s which are a great tyre in the wet as well!

Anyway, I've spent the last week getting it up to my standard with Clay/De Tar/Iron X/Polish/Wax etc so it's sitting the way I want it on the outside for now. Just a couple of little things I want to sort in the engine bay and I'll be happy!

Also, I plan on changing the Rear plate as I'm not happy with the way it sits.

Front.jpg

frontf.jpg

rear.jpg

rearr.jpg

Side.jpg

sidew.jpg

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Absolutely perfect. Dont change a thing, keep it mint and you should make a profit when it comes to selling it. The only small thing I would do is paint the cheese wedges in the front bumper black or get new original orange ones.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Absolutely perfect. Dont change a thing, keep it mint and you should make a profit when it comes to selling it. The only small thing I would do is paint the cheese wedges in the front bumper black or get new original orange ones.

I was actually looking at those on Import Car Parts website earlier today haha! Also have a wee set of OEM Orange indicators ready to go on too as I prefer the OEM look.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
If you change the wedges or indicators keep me in mind , I need a set of each and will be going black with my wedges so will need to spray them anyway

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
That looks great. Love the sound of a Subaru, one of my favourite car sounds, and the WRX sticker on the bootlid just takes me back to childhood and makes me think back to the first Gran Turismo game and it being my favourite car. Enjoy

Get a video up of the noise if you can

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
That looks great. Love the sound of a Subaru, one of my favourite car sounds, and the WRX sticker on the bootlid just takes me back to childhood and makes me think back to the first Gran Turismo game and it being my favourite car. Enjoy

Get a video up of the noise if you can

Exactly why I love and I have had so much Jap stuff... because of Gran Truismo! Haha.

Yes, I'll get a video up of the noise no problem! :grinning:

Modmedia

RMS Regular
OP
Modmedia
Drives
Tesla M3P
Thanks for all the great comments! I'm really pleased with it. I've been looking online since I bought it and I didn't quite realise how hard it is to find a Version 5 or 6 STI. There are very few for sale at the minute even across the water so I think I may hold on to this one a while.

corsacj

RMS Regular
Looks fantastic, as SMURF1 says still looks hard as nails, love the front end on a classic scoob and the white really works with it too.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Where did you find this car? Seems near impossible to find a low mile standard example. Looks fantastic

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Fantastic just fantastic. Love these shapes and always wanted one sine being in a rb5 and type r when I was younger.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.