One for the oldies (70s automotive content)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I picked up this 1979 National Motor Museum brochure on eBay for the grand sum of 99p.

It lists all the current displays, etc and what they have in the building.

More interesting though were the period ads dotted throughout. Might interest someone (I can't be the only weirdo)

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0552.JPG

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
I remember that ink drawn Castrol ad and the Sunbeam Ti one. I don't remember the detail such as them trying to sell a Sunbeam on the strength of "a nifty floor mounted gear lever" since we're in Europe and nearly everything in Europe came thus equipped. :relieved:

My heart does sink a wee bit when I see some awesome US muscle car and then the interior shot reveals a bench seat and column shift.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I remember Bowmaker finance, when I sold videos etc they were the go to guys for finance.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
I remember Chrysler UK borrowing Petula Clark to sell the Sunbeam using a corny telly advert.

One of just a handful of rwd hatchback superminis (Chevette/Kadett, 343, Starlet, 323 etc.). Don't think Chrysler had the budget for an all new fwd (i.e. modern) hatch à la R5 / 104 / Fiesta at the time so it was a bit of a parts bin special. Of course, car people like them for the same reason that the motoring press had reservations about them as a shopping car: it's rwd bai.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.