1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johnm

RMS Regular
Some of you will probably know this one from a couple of other threads namely:

http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/subaru-impreza-turbo-wagon.166402/

and...

http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/mica-blue-impreza-turbo-2000-wagon.173156/

First car I've bought without even driving it. The folder of receipts (that my brother has already totaled up and comes to around 21k) along with the original sale of receipt from new and then the 2nd buyers receipt, then a rebuild one too had me convinced.
Always wanted a scoob, and this has me grinning again after a couple of derv's started to destroy my soul.

Plans for it, most of the mechanical stuff is done so it will be just maintaining that.
Couple of simple bits and pieces to clean up, new tire's first thing tomorrow morning, new plates, give the wheels a good scrub and fix a slider issue on the rear.

Have an idea to put some springs into it and some concave/deep wheels, sticking with the original 17" size though. Move its dingle berry up into a reverse light.
Couple of bits need painted. Apart from that, just enjoy it.

The thing is awesome. Will get some picks when I have it cleaned up tomorrow.

DSC_1067 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Always liked this wagon.
Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Good buy, that's a well sorted impreza you have got, health to drive

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Brilliant, big fella! (y) .. Looks clean as a whistle, it's a colour that always shines up beautifully!

Good to see you back in something Jap!!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Always had a soft spot for the classic imprezas, I'll have one some day. I love the colour of this (y)

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Cheers lads, just up getting new tyres and 4 wheel alignment sorted, then to the house and sort the brakes.
One alloy has a slight crack so need to get that sorted, any recommendations? Belfast area?

Gambit

RMS Regular
That wagon is a lovely looking car, slight drop, 25-30mm, would be all I'd do on it

I used a fella on comber road who'll repair it properly, ie grind out and weld in, not just weld over, is easy to pay. Davey 07776131568. He done a wheel on my car tho you need to have the tyre off the rim for him

If he asks just say craig with the subaru in ardcarn give you his number

Coincidently you may know him @Nicky? Does alloy welding for gp turbos n stuff

Last edited:

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
Loved this car breaks my heart everytime it switches hands wish I had kept it :worried: yea there was some history with it that's what sold me on it :grinning: then as usual I sorted most things it had wrong and then sold it lol good to see its went to someone else who will look after her! Health to drive chum!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Coincidently you may know him @Nicky? Does alloy welding for gp turbos n stuff

Only fella that don alloy welding in the couple of years I was there was a guy called Junior, a Shorts fabricator from Belfast.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
All the hairy chest with it!! Couldn't believe that supra coming down my lane! Make sure to keep us up to speed with it!

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Yeah the standard alloys have really grown on me so its a set of spacers and lowering springs (maybe).
Got the four new tires fitted today and was getting the alignment done (fair play to McGowans too, they matched the price of the old RMS deal they had on for it), but they couldn't do it. Rear was completely seized.
So I got it home to sort out the handbrake and the grinding noise on the rear.

One of the bolts for the caliper carrier/holder is rounded, so couldnt get the disc off to check the handbrake shoes and the adjuster didn't work. Needs an ARB and a real good clean under there.
Along with one tiny hole I found at the jack up point on the rear driver side so going to get that sorted out too, along with a paint chip on the arch so it doesn't get worse :grinning:
So will be getting everything ordered up over the next couple of days and then get to work on it.
Once I get the suspension bits all sorted, I'll move onto the body work. Haven't stopped smiling at it either.

@mckeown should have seen Dee's face when he seen it, I just laughed and said, push on man, be grand haha!

@Gambit cheers man, will give him a shout :grinning:

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
Yeah the standard alloys have really grown on me so its a set of spacers and lowering springs (maybe).
Got the four new tires fitted today and was getting the alignment done (fair play to McGowans too, they matched the price of the old RMS deal they had on for it), but they couldn't do it. Rear was completely seized.
So I got it home to sort out the handbrake and the grinding noise on the rear.

One of the bolts for the caliper carrier/holder is rounded, so couldnt get the disc off to check the handbrake shoes and the adjuster didn't work. Needs an ARB and a real good clean under there.
Along with one tiny hole I found at the jack up point on the rear driver side so going to get that sorted out too, along with a paint chip on the arch so it doesn't get worse :grinning:
So will be getting everything ordered up over the next couple of days and then get to work on it.
Once I get the suspension bits all sorted, I'll move onto the body work. Haven't stopped smiling at it either.

@mckeown should have seen Dee's face when he seen it, I just laughed and said, push on man, be grand haha!

@Gambit cheers man, will give him a shout :grinning:

Paint chip on rear arch?? :eek: Get that sorted lol amount of money was spent sorting rear arches om that car would be a shame to see it going bad again!

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Yeah sorting it tomorrow.
Ordered up new gaiters & knob, 30mm Tein springs, ARB bushings, 25mm Spacers today.
Waiting to see if I can get a rear parking shoes & kit local too.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Thats the plan :grinning: just need to find someone to do it....any recommendations?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.