BMW e46 325ci Sport Coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
After selling the mx5 in a grand total of 6 hours and getting a lot more than I expected for it, I went out looking something a little easier for daily driving yet still fun to drive with lots of toys if possible.

Went looking initially for a Lexus and then settled on a 3 series. Looked at a few 330's online, did a little reading and decided a 325i m sport would be perfect mix of performance and mpg. Seen this for sale in Ards at a pretty hefty price, headed over with my budget in my back pocket and struck a deal. Owner was a BMW nut and had just picked up a fresher 330 4dr so let this go for a lot less than asking price.

Pictures!!

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

All the toys with full leather and a personal fav of a black anthracite headliner. Need a new bluetooth module as previous owner removed it unknowingly to add an arm rest. Apparently they are in centre console?

Condition wise the car is pretty much immaculate. FBMWSH with all the receipts, arches, sills and underside where rubbed down and wax oiled a few years back and they are all perfect.

To say I'm over the moon is an understatement.

I know very little about BMW's to be honest, so suggestions and thoughts appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks well,I've a 330 myself and while nowhere near as fun or engaging as the Mazda its a great daily and a very comfortable mile muncher. Great value too.

If it hasn't been done already, get the cooling system overhauled. Mine only had 52k miles on it but the radiator was bowed and ready to burst... just happened to notice it in time!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Thanks for heads up buddy!

What's bits did u switch out?

Thanks

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Radiator, expansion bottle and some pipes and o-rings. It's a pretty easy job to do and wasn't that expensive. Usually they tend to go at around 100k miles but I guess age must come into it too as mine had half that mileage but it's 11 years old now.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Just found a pic. Have a peek through the front grille at the bottom. If its straight you're grand for a bit :grinning:

DSC_0293.JPG

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
@Coog

Thanks mate appreciate info. I work for Bavarian so get cheap rates on parts.

Any good sites for info and parts? Thanks

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Local motor factor, ecp, eBay, etc. Parts for them are pretty cheap and easy got. There's loads of them on hlthe road so bits are dead handy got for them.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Euro car parts do the plastic rad hoses at good money. Had an e46 in a few months ago with the same issues as @Coog. Assumed parts were dealer only but they had them in stock.

colin84

RMS Regular
Nice choice, not often you see a petrol.

They come with arm rests as standard. If there is no button in front of the coin tray next to the handbrake, it probably never had Bluetooth.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Nice choice, not often you see a petrol.

They come with arm rests as standard. If there is no button in front of the coin tray next to the handbrake, it probably never had Bluetooth.

This Def came with Bluetooth as steering has it and also business radio.

It didn't come with a armrest as previous owner added it himself. He removed a coin tray and cubby to put arm rest on. Turns out it had the Bluetooth pairing button etc on that tray.

Module etc still in boot. I'm assuming that any standard tray with that button will do.

Thanks for all kind comments. Think I am starting to understand why people love bmw lol

colin84

RMS Regular
This Def came with Bluetooth as steering has it and also business radio.

It didn't come with a armrest as previous owner added it himself. He removed a coin tray and cubby to put arm rest on. Turns out it had the Bluetooth pairing button etc on that tray.

Module etc still in boot. I'm assuming that any standard tray with that button will do.

Thanks for all kind comments. Think I am starting to understand why people love bmw lol

Strange they all come with an arm rest, maybe it was a factory delete, much better with it anyway. They come with the phone button and business radio as standard.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's a lovely looking car had an imola one a couple of years ago. Not the quickest of things but they sound great and are a really nice drive.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.