Dreaded Passat b6 estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
IMG_20150511_211011786 (1).jpg
Boring daily car that i now have is a b6 passat with a BLS engine that will probably explode and handbrake calipers that will crack and seize, thats in between springs being replaced every month.^o)

On a semi-serious note its a 1.9 derv bluemotion, 83k economy is great although it has been specced by someone who seeks to get ahead in life. If it could have had windy windows up front im sure it would have them.

Ive had it a month and a half and its been a great motorway cruiser, although i am certainly getting old as my most expensive "mod" to date is a tow bar. Other than that ive fitted a handsfree, jk did the tints, murphys did the towbar and i bought a nicer set of wheels off of chrisd1. Big pete valeted the interior on sat too.

Future plans extend to an r line lip, dpf and egr delete with remap and a paint enhancement though theres a few marks that will require painting. Its in with nicky this weekend for the oil pump drive to be changed and an oil service.
How i got it-

How it sits now-
IMG_20150628_142739959.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150628_142739959.jpg
    IMG_20150628_142739959.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 100

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great big wagon! A4 wheels look well too.

I have a Bluetooth module and ipod/USB interface too if you'd be going down either of those lines at all.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
@Lyons i have an rcd300 in it at the minute. i take it the ipod/usb interface would not work with that?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ah, I assumed it was a RCD310 given it being the later model.

Won't work with a 300 sadly.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
pm me with a price for the usb interface would you? might be worth getting for the future.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Drove a bluemotion Passat at the weekend and it was great. It won't set the world alight and it bottoms out on any rise In the road but it's great for motorway cruising and very easy on fuel.
Plans sound good

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
It'll be safe enough mate,you have another 5k of driving from it,from then on wear a helmet incase you get hit by a con rod :p
Great driving cars though (y)

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Another B6 owner lol. I love mine, great boot and just cruises along nicely even for a sport with the lowered suspension lol.

How much did the towbar set you back, pm if you like.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The remap will literally transform it.

I'd be curious about what difference the egr and dpf deletes make.

More power or just less potential trouble?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
there must be near 20 variations of the 1.9, and that's only in last 10-15 years or so.

Some definitely go for ever, some dont.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Well the pissrat lay down on me this morning. Rear caliper leaking brake fluid. So new caliper going on. Nice and cheap at 180 for the caliper. It was that or set fire to it.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
And shes lay down again, this time with a low exhaust pressure fault, on the same day i had booked it in to have the dpf egr and remap done. I have the car booked in with terry mcevoy in duff to sort her for me tomorrow. I always thought vw owners were full of it regarding reliability and im seriously starting to wonder why i didn't trust my gut lol. The terrano was more reliable haha

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
And shes lay down again, this time with a low exhaust pressure fault, on the same day i had booked it in to have the dpf egr and remap done. I have the car booked in with terry mcevoy in duff to sort her for me tomorrow. I always thought vw owners were full of it regarding reliability and im seriously starting to wonder why i didn't trust my gut lol. The terrano was more reliable haha
I really do think modern diesels are false economy. By the time you've spent money on repairs and parts and the higher purchase price, you be better buying a similar spec petrol as the money you'd save would offset the higher mpg of the diesel. Ive been driving 16 years and never owned a diesel and I've never had to live in poverty due to petrol ownership :p

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Sad news buddy. i have to admit modern diesels confuse me with all the emissions gubbins added to them. Saying that I'd also supect one of your friends may be sabotaging it so they can low ball a cheeky offer......

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Im not offended by many things but an offer from that man is like handing me a dead baby. Totally unacceptable.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
I really do think modern diesels are false economy. By the time you've spent money on repairs and parts and the higher purchase price, you be better buying a similar spec petrol as the money you'd save would offset the higher mpg of the diesel. Ive been driving 16 years and never owned a diesel and I've never had to live in poverty due to petrol ownership :p

This is true and its a painful reality that im having to realise. Once the deletes and remap are done if she behaves ill keep it. If not im going back to turbo, petrol, 4wd or rwd.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.