whats it worth...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
1999 BMW 528i Alpina Auto high miles 6months mot

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Early E39's are as desirable as a slap in the d¡ck with a wet towel, especially auto petrols that aren't V8's.

It would need to be in brave good order and have plenty of MOT remaining to fetch £500 IMO.

Best use for that is a donor for its engine, and break the rest for a few weeks and weigh the rest in.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
Early E39's are as desirable as a slap in the d¡ck with a wet towel, especially auto petrols that aren't V8's.

It would need to be in brave good order and have plenty of MOT remaining to fetch £500 IMO.

Best use for that is a donor for its engine, and break the rest for a few weeks and weigh the rest in.
It's been well looked after just the high miles,is it the M50 engine in these? Just looking something to cruise about in

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah, it's the 24v M50.

If it's cloth interior and not running a decent set of wheels, £350-400 would be my valuation. With either of those though, it's push £500.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What colour is it in/out?

I know it's not anything to do with value but my dad used to have one of these though IIRC it was a 535i.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
Yeah, it's the 24v M50.

If it's cloth interior and not running a decent set of wheels, £350-400 would be my valuation. With either of those though, it's push £500.
Was thinking 500 myself,price on its 700. Full black leather interior 17 bbs alloys,have 1st choice before its advertised.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
What colour is it in/out?

I know it's not anything to do with value but my dad used to have one of these though IIRC it was a 535i.
Black leather inside,its a very light shade of green I would describe im sure thers a proper name for it,its a lovely looking thing sits well nice kit

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah they are really nice. I had no idea e39s were this cheap. They are a brilliant car too. Must clear some space :innocent:

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
Yeah they are really nice. I had no idea e39s were this cheap. They are a brilliant car too. Must clear some space :innocent:
I've had a few e36s but this is a comfortable big bus and the auto just for cruising,need the 200quid of th price for petrol :p im use to Diesel the Ribena variety

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Aye, with those bits it's around the £500 mark IMO.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
My Dad bought an E39 528i new from the Country Garage in 1997.

It's got 175K on it now but he refuses to buy a new one as he's adamant that these are better cars than the E60/F10 etc.

Still, nice car mind you... (I'm in charge of keeping it in a semi respectable state!):
image.jpg

Last edited:

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
style5.jpg

I imagine they are these style 5 BBS alloys, and they should get you a few hundred quid back again no problem.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
My Dad bought an E39 528i new from the Country Garage in 1997.

It's got 175K on it now but he refuses to buy a new one as he's adamant that these are better cars than the E60/F10 etc.

Still, nice car mind you... (I'm in charge of keeping it in a semi respectable state!):
View attachment 88824
Is yours Automatic

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.