Cruise for Cancer 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stephen85

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra h
I was coming from islandmagee via carrick and passed a lot of the cars at the temp lights just pasted jordanstown! Some great looking cars on show :grinning: also think there was one with a burnt out looking bonnet with m3 or something wrote on it..... Each to there own I guess lol

Seemed to get a great turn out and hope yous raised a lot for a great cause

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Back in about ten minutes ago, long day! Managed to slip out early so the only obstacle was cyclists but mostly on well sighted roads with plenty of overtaking opportunities.

Great day out. Nose burnt clean off and a good feed in Ballycastle on the way home. Hope plenty was raised.

wes

RMS Regular
Would have like to have got down for a nosey and put a few faces to names, had debated taking my wee girl in the big v40 but the other half informed me that we had a photographer coming for a family photo. The joys, good day for it

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Good day but as said cyclists were a pain
Majority went to single file when traffic came but there were a few who stayed 2 abreast an were really wide meaning we had to overtake fully on the other side of the road

Wasnt keen on portstewert, alot of drunks running about with buckfast acting the wabs

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Good day didn't leave to very late, wasn't on the coast road for very long to I got bored of traffic. Turned off went back on myself and headed up Shane's hill and up the other way, much better.

Only managed to get parked outside the gates, made a donation and took a dander round, some nice cars but spoiled by some idiots is unroadworthy heaps.

Car of the day for me; black 206 green cb up top and green sticker across the front window stating he was living the dream, class.

Nice to meet you @Mel, though your a loser for not taking a drive :p

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Anyone spot the red a4 doing countless laps of portstewert car park with eedjits hanging out the window singing an roaring *****

Main reason I left, other fellas falling all over the place with bottles in the hand

O.C.D

RMS Regular
@McFall1984 thanks for meeting me at friars this morning as you say about 4 o'clock i started to see some bell ends staggering about at the portstewart car park bottles in hand and i thought to myself "time to go".So into Portrush ,portion of battered sausages then home.

@G N K Seen your car outside on the grass but there was no one at home...it's looking well mate.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
[QUOTE="McFall1984,

Main reason I left, other fellas falling all over the place with bottles in the hand[/QUOTE]

Yeh just as i said above.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Yes wasn't keen so hit portrush myself with the cubs for dinner, didn't fancy standing in a que for half an hour lol

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Only managed to get parked outside the gates, made a donation and took a dander round, some nice cars but spoiled by some idiots is unroadworthy heaps.

Nice to meet you @Mel, though your a loser for not taking a drive :p

The reason I didn't go!
Last time I went to one there it was the same,retards hand braking and spinning around the car park in mk4 golfs and boras

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Had a good wee day at this, we deffo need RMS user name badges, think I spied @Atroir in a black hoody, @O.C.D out with the 50 cal filler glaze at his fiesta and a few others. @G N K car looks really well but no way I was getting behind the wheel, scaredy cat:oops:

What's with all these daft windscreen stickers, flawless, total perfection and so on:scream:.

Anyways bar the traffic jams which were pretty much expected I had a really enjoyable day and trust the organisers will pat themselves on the back at the amount raised for a very worthy cause (y)

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@O.C.D was pretty sure that was you giving the car a bit of a clean down inside but wasn't sure and didn't want to look an idiot lol.

@Artoir i thought you and that scooby were going to follow me home (n), car was looking well.

Don't forgot rollhard and this car belongs to a girl stickers @Mel lol.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
@O.C.D was pretty sure that was you giving the car a bit of a clean down inside but wasn't sure and didn't want to look an idiot lol.

@Artoir i thought you and that scooby were going to follow me home (n), car was looking well.

Don't forgot rollhard and this car belongs to a girl stickers @Mel lol.

Ahh feck sake I never even clicked! We took the coast road back again!

@Mel probably me

@Marc.W well done to yourself and the rest of the team

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Yeh @Mel and @G N K that was me at the ST with the 50cal glaze....it's funny we can talk here on the forum but face to face we get all shy and im as guilty of this as others.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
£11,642.50!

great-work-and-well-done.png

Gemma

RMS Regular
Aye..we were Gona head to the port but he wasn't finished to 5 and figured.... Nah let's go to Newcastle instead haha

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Went down to this yesterday, to be honest probably the best run I've had out of them all, bar the cyclists. No idea who thought that would be a good idea with 1000+ convoy planned on the same road with circa 100 cyclists.

End location was much much better to be honest, didn't stay very long to stand in that burger van line, headed to Port for a feed and on home.

Well done to everyone on the money raised and to B.C.S. for organising a great event.

avo5021

RMS Regular
First time I've not taken part in C4C for a few years but unfortunately family commitments prevented it this year, good news on the amount raised though - just under £12k I believe which is fantastic for a fantastic charity. Well done to the organisers, I think the last minute switch of destination in conjunction with Portrush officials and PSNI was a good idea which prevented a repeat of the shambles that happened on Easter Sunday. Bigger parking area and not that much of an inconvenience if you wanted to dander into the town.

Maybe a controlled release of cars in smaller manageable groups would prevent the congestion ? Unfortunately there's no monopoly on the use of the roads so cyclists and other road users will always be a problem to contend with and the nature of the coast road means sitting in long lines of traffic waiting for a safe place to pass (although I have heard some took a few dicey risks anyway !!)

Well done C4C and BCS !!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am actually in awe at how much money was raised :eek:

We did a small fund raiser for a guy to help him get to Los Angeles on Friday night, must have been a 100 people or so and raised £580.20 lol thought that was good lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.