Golf R the new Civic Type R?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Banned
Remember a few years ago the EP3 CTR was everywhere. Everyone had one. Great car too at the time. Now every time I'm out I literally pass 3 or 4 Golf R's... These things seem to be common as muck. I've never driven one. What are they like?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
i would see easy 5 a day at the minute, suppose its with all the lease deals. I would love one to own when they come down in price in a few years, although in saying that the mk6 R is holding its money well. I havent seen one been given the boot yet.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I hardly ever see the damn things.

It'll never be as bad as the EP3, you could never tell with all the 1.6 sport reps :p

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
If you were going to buy a brand a new car, I can't see how you would need much more than a Golf R.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
My mate has one and isn't afraid of giving it the shoe. I'd say its as fast as my RS, but they couldn't be more different to drive. The driver makes far less of a difference in the R, theres a lot more driver involvement in the RS. That said, I think the R is the better daily driver by a margin, but you'd have more fun in the RS or renaultsport megane or something similar.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Not fussed on the 4 exhausts or the wheels, great looking otherwise.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Remember a few years ago the EP3 CTR was everywhere. Everyone had one. Great car too at the time. Now every time I'm out I literally pass 3 or 4 Golf R's... These things seem to be common as muck. I've never driven one. What are they like?

Anyone I know with one loves it, reviews are brilliant, so I'd say they're probably pretty good cars.

Banned
OP
Anyone I know with one loves it, reviews are brilliant, so I'd say they're probably pretty good cars.
I think they look great, theres a deep blue in them looks awesome.

who cares? great car, and look great too. Raging I didnt get one in truth.
Kinda the point of a forum, right?

Stocky

RMS Regular
Love mine and good to see so many about as most will have waited 5months maybe more for their order to arrive!

There is 3 blue's and a red one I see regularly about Newtownabbey

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
An immaculately clean night blue one pulled up behind me at the lights last night, lovely colour....unfortunately he didnt want to play, bore:p

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
If you got a drive in one, you'd understand why they're popular. Mix that up with the cheaper than normal lease deals a few months back and you will see why.

However, sometimes I find myself spotting one around here it usually turns out to be a GTD, I haven't actually seen that many GTI's at all!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.