2015/16 Audi A4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Looks like Audi have finally built an A4 which promises to be a decent drivers car. Inside it looks great but outside isnt that inspiring and I dont like the wing mirrors on the door, gives it a look like a Seat Exeo.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a4

Last edited:

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Yeah hopefully they will have a better clutch pedal position for the manual models, its a bit too far over to the right on the current models. No rhd models tested yet so will have to wait to see on that.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I don't like the way the new Audi's are going, this, the Q7, the Q5 isn't right looking either, the TT is a bit meh... new interior looks good although I prefer the current models raised dash and angled towards the driver section even though it is a little dated looking now, also didn't like the pop up screen in an A3 I had for a while. Makes the view out between the top of the screen and the bottom of the mirror very narrow. Looks like it will be leagues ahead of the current BMW's though, very unimpressed with the 3 and 5 series interiors these days.

The driving position of mine doesn't bother me at all, read a lot of complaints in the press about it but its not something I noticed, maybe I have an offset body shape :p

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I love that full TFT display in behind the steering wheel (same as TT's) but on the A4 I fear it is going to be an expensive option and not Std.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I love that full TFT display in behind the steering wheel (same as TT's) but on the A4 I fear it is going to be an expensive option and not Std.

Oh it'll definitely be an option. I didn't even see it anywhere on the UK options list when I was speccing mine.

I will definitely not be replacing my Black Edition with another A4.
It tramlines worse than any car I've ever driven in my life !

Dads 2012 A4 on 19's tramlined but for some reason my new BE+ doesn't, not yet anyway!

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Oh it'll definitely be an option. I didn't even see it anywhere on the UK options list when I was speccing mine.
Surely there wont be an options list yet as nothing offical released on specs, prices or options for the new model?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I really don't get the love for Audi's styling. The place across from us is demoing an RS3. It could be a A3 Tdi in S-line trim. I'm sure it goes like stink but it just looks so painfully dull. This A4 has had the same styling treatment as the TT in my eyes.

SPAD_AudiTTdesigner.jpg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Surely there wont be an options list yet as nothing offical released on specs, prices or options for the new model?

Sorry I'm getting confused, had also looked at a Passat and the TFT screen wasn't an option on it.

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Sure all the new models will adopt that samilar look. That is the standard Audi approach to styling and it works for them, they are shifting shed loads of cars.

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Sorry I'm getting confused, had also looked at a Passat and the TFT screen wasn't an option on it.
No dont think VAG would allow it on a Passat just yet!

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne

Dads 2012 A4 on 19's tramlined but for some reason my new BE+ doesn't, not yet anyway!

Mine is a 2012 car too. It really ruins the whole car for me to the point I hardly drive it anymore, just not sure what to change it to yet.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'd drive one, if those mpg figures are even 80% accurate they're still really good. I'll have an S-tronic 2.0tfsi estate please.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Now we know what dodgy looking geezers will be driving around 'pravince housing estates in 2025, with ****ty body kits and badged up as RS4 TDI...

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

My old 2013 black edition or new BE+ doesn't tramline.:confounded:

Derekm

RMS Regular
OP
Derekm
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Ah ok will likely be across the VAG range soon enough.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
like the screen idea, outside is business as usual, will sell by the bucket load.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Interior looks lush, nice to see they've installed the new range of techno wizardy (digital heater control knobs, TFT screen, etc) as trialled in the TT.

Exterior is attractive but uninspired, not that different from previous models so they're obviously playing it safe and not deviating too far from the tried and tested route.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.