106 interior door handle not releasing the door.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I was down working on the car at the weekend getting it ready for MOT, as I was in the passenger seat trying to figure out what was wrong with the heater matrix I closed the door and noticed that the interior handle wasn't releasing the door latch.

I stripped the door down as far as I could and checked the movement, everything seemed like it was still connected. I removed the central locking solenoid, removed the handle and still couldn't see any problems. I hoked about the bottom of the door to see if I could find any metal clips or springs that may have broken/fallen off but again, nothing.

Anyone had this issue before? It's a straight MOT fail from what I gather so I need it fixed asap.

Cheers.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Mini
It feels grand Davey. The pull-push mechanism is working fine, is there a clip or spring that holds it to the door latch?

It seems to work like my crude diagram...

door.jpg

I can't see a fecking thing due to the door being in the way.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
take the door card off and it should be clear. its a bit fiddly putting the rods back together, sometimes the rod detaches itself from the latch.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Was going to say that too - take the card off for a good look inside the door itself (y)

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Mini
I took a good hour hoking about the inside of the door on Saturday and couldn't find anything detached. I've sourced an exploded diagram online showing how it all goes together, I'll give it another bash and see what's broken.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.