The Spa 24 Hour

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cunning

RMS Regular
Anybody watch it?

What a race! I was lucky to be there myself. In my opinion, the best of the endurance races and easily my favorite Motorsports event I have attended, tops F1, WRC etc. Can highly recommend a trip next year.

Sitting on Kemmel Straight alone at 2am in the pitch black with cars ripping past is mesmerizing. Brake glow and sparks, the smell of burning pads and campfires and the boom and lazer lights from the dance party, that's what I call a race.

This is my ultimate Motorsports goal, to compete in a Spa 24 Hour. One day!

Impossible to capture it with a camera, especially on my phone, so excuse the **** quality, but just to give you an idea:

20150725_220605_LLS.jpg

20150725_210008.jpg

20150725_225101.jpg

2i9pk6r.jpg

2dgrldz.jpg

Here is a link to some nice photos from the event(not mine): http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bes/photos-spa-race-gallery-3/

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
That would be awesome... Are there big crowds at it? Or pretty relaxed?

I'm in love with that place after my visit

Cunning

RMS Regular
OP
Cunning
@gixermark There are plenty of folk about but definitely much more relaxed than the F1 and being such a big circuit there is space for everyone. As the night goes most people are drawn to the dance party so you can have to place to yourself. Defo recommend a trip to the 24hour! Had a look at your footage mate, awesome, what a circuit! What a place. There is such a selection of fun roads around the circuit aswell!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
It's amazing circuit.. So unique in every way, the small towns nearby... Pictures/history on the walls of pubs etc.. Brilliant.

That bar/terrace area on top of the F1 pit complex is just awesome too.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Always on my to do list. was let down by F1 so WRC is my drug! BTCC is unreal as well but will certainly go one year! Is it an expensive event?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.