2015 Mazda 6 SE-L Nav 2.2d

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
As above I ordered my first brand new car today :laughing:

Moved to a sensible Mazda 3 2.2d Sport 18 months ago as I figured with a young child I needed 5 doors and something sensible...proved to be a good option (other than DPF issues). With our second (and final) child arriving a month ago I quickly realised that the 3 wasn't big enough for all the stuff we needed to carry about.

So, popped into Mazda in Lisburn to see what options I had and ended up getting a 2015 Mazda 6 2.2d (different engine to the previous one) at money that worked for me. SE-L Nav had virutally everything I wanted so just upgraded to a colour my wife liked and added a removable tow bar & their Diamond-Bright package. Was expecting a couple of months for delivery but was surprised to find they had one sitting in stock minus the tow bar so I'll have the car within a couple of weeks.

Took a couple of quick snaps of the one they had in the showroom.

2015-07-29 09.42.48.jpg

2015-07-29 09.42.37.jpg

It's certainly going to be big enough for me, looking like it won't fit in my garage so I'll have to go back to scraping ice off my window like a commoner in the winter :worried:

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Really like these. Great buy.

Really impressed with the spec for the money. My wife wanted heated seats but at $3.5k extra to upgrade to the sport model she can wear extra underwear.

that looks very practical. (y)

The boot is huge and should return pretty decent MPG as it's more suited to the sort of driving I do than my current one.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
These are a great looking car until you get to the wheels........Why Mazda dont offer a decent upgrade for them I dont know!

But to re-iterate, it is a lovely car, even nicer in the estate too! Good choice

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
These are a great looking car until you get to the wheels........Why Mazda dont offer a decent upgrade for them I dont know!

But to re-iterate, it is a lovely car, even nicer in the estate too! Good choice

Same wheels as my current one I think, the Sport ones look fairly similar except larger and darker

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Just discovered it has twin turbos... I like!!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Lord no, This is a family wagon! The only thing changing about these alloys is the tyres when they need replacing LOL

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
150ps? Real world mpg?

Yup, the 2.2 150bhp Derv. Mines sitting at around 44.5 at the moment - the majority would be rush hour/town driving, but I do get some long runs occasionally. I also don't drive easy :p I've managed 630 miles to a tank before, but that was pretty much all motorway. I've done 32 000 miles now with no issues (bar the mp3/ipod compatibilty on the radio, but you'll have the new system in yours so won't have that problem).

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Yup, the 2.2 150bhp Derv. Mines sitting at around 44.5 at the moment - the majority would be rush hour/town driving, but I do get some long runs occasionally. I also don't drive easy :p I've managed 630 miles to a tank before, but that was pretty much all motorway. I've done 32 000 miles now with no issues (bar the mp3/ipod compatibilty on the radio, but you'll have the new system in yours so won't have that problem).

Not so bad. I'm hoping for mid to high 50s as I normally do motorway (not quite rush hour) and I do drive fairly easy these days

dshiels

RMS Regular
I'd had my 150 Sport since January. Generally motorway driving with short runs in between and it is averaging 52-53mpg. Love the car though

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
I'd had my 150 Sport since January. Generally motorway driving with short runs in between and it is averaging 52-53mpg. Love the car though

That's what I like to hear, I toyed with stretching to the Sport but couldn't justify the extra money.

dshiels

RMS Regular
Mine was an ex demo and they did a decent deal, but I agree that if buying new it wouldn't be worth the extra, especially as you already have the nav in yours

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Mine was an ex demo and they did a decent deal, but I agree that if buying new it wouldn't be worth the extra, especially as you already have the nav in yours

I think it was just over 3.5k extra and all i wanted out of it was heated seats and bose system, ended up going for SE-L Nav and adding tow bar and the soul red paint

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
Just discovered a problem with my car :worried:

It seems when they fitted the tow bar they didn't refit the bumper properly and its been rubbing against the bootlid for 6 weeks! The result is bumper paint scored to buggery ( small gouges that will need to be sanded out at least) and bootlid edge is down to the primer. It's in with them at the minute to confirm the bumper isn't fitted correctly but given this is the same design that's been in place since 2012 I doubt it's a design flaw...I can't be the first person to buy a Tourer and fit a Mazda tow bar.

They want to replace the bumper with one from a new car but this isn't an option for the bootlid. For it they want to do some form of paint correction. The problem is I'm not really happy with this. Being my first brand new car I was expecting something in immaculate factory condition and now I'm being pushed to accept something that is essentially flawed / damaged and repaired.

Anyone experienced this before? I am dealing solely with the dealer at this point, haven't raised it with Mazda UK. Is it reasonable to expect them to refund or exchange given the car was flawed from before I collected it? I genuinely love the car but the thought of paying that money for something that's been repainted / touched up isn't sitting well with me.

Another suggestion (not from them) was to take the repairs but have them fit all the available accessories free of charge. This feels like me meeting them in the middle as ultimately it's still not what I want.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Attachments

• 20150912_143619.jpg
    20150912_143619.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 20150912_150848.jpg
    20150912_150848.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 20150912_150857.jpg
    20150912_150857.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 181
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.