Sea Sucker

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bleacher

RMS Regular
Drives
M2
Anyone got any first hand experience with these (Sea Suckers)? Seem to have excellent reviews, shipping from the states...

My car doesn't take a roof rack or tow bar due to central exhaust so I was looking for another way of transporting my MTB.

733100d1351153829-seasucker-bike-rack-owners-post-your-pics-img_20121025_180859-large-.jpg

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Guy in the wifes cycling club has one and says it's brilliant. Dear enough though!

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2
Yeah, they are dear but I don't really have any other options, just terrified of my slightly expensive DH bike coming off the roof on the motorway lol...

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
We sell them in work, and I've been pretty tempted but as Rocko says they're crazy dough.

The guys in the office have had sample ins, said they're brilliant.

johnm

RMS Regular
Anyone got any first hand experience with these (Sea Suckers)? Seem to have excellent reviews, shipping from the states...

My car doesn't take a roof rack or tow bar due to central exhaust so I was looking for another way of transporting my MTB.

733100d1351153829-seasucker-bike-rack-owners-post-your-pics-img_20121025_180859-large-.jpg

Nice looking r34 though :cool:

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2
This is very tempting, the one last thing I would like to ensure is that is doesn't do any harm to the paint, although I would imagine providing the surface is clean there is no reason the rubber cup would do any harm...

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2
Would I need to inform my insurance when mounting this, or how does that work?

pablo

RMS Moderator
you wouldnt tell them if you put a boot mounted or roof bar mounted one on though. no difference Id have thought.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
This is very tempting, the one last thing I would like to ensure is that is doesn't do any harm to the paint, although I would imagine providing the surface is clean there is no reason the rubber cup would do any harm...

You could put that clear stone chip film on the roof where it sticks to, save marking the paint in that area.....

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I'm thinking of pulling the pin on one of these... Already have bars fitted to the VRS, but would like the option of taking the bike occasionally on the more door - these are quicker to fit/cleaner looking than fitting bars/carriers too, only disadvantage I can see is you need to remove if you left the car.. But I guess not a high deal to remove & re fit

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2
Seriously toying with the idea of these still...let me know if you go ahead and buy one.

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2
Potentially 2 bikes at the moment, have to see if my brother is interested or not.

Haven't looked at prices yet to be honest

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.