Sprint Blue Audi S3. Update!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
I was away for quite a few years travelling and working, and had the blues so to speak when I came home, decided to buy myself something nice to cheer myself up and this has done exactly that so far. Went to London to get it and took a road trip up to Scotland to get the boat back home and I absolutely love it!

Its basically top spec without the buckets:
  • Electric sunroof
  • Black optic front grille
  • Flat bottom steering wheel
  • Cruise control
  • Dual climate control
  • Full leather heated seats
  • Leather armrest
  • Bi-xenons with DRL and coming home lights
  • Auto wipers and lights
  • Power fold mirrors
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Auto dimming mirrors
  • Rns-e with usual Bluetooth hands free Sat Nav and 6cd changer
  • Factory tinted windows
Car has low milage with 42k, a full Audi service history with a printout of every service etc it has ever had, checked if there was any recalls or if the car needed anything.
Car was due a haldex service and needed brake fluid so left it into Audi today and got that sorted along with a full health check which came back all good.

Plans are to keep it OEM+
  • Change to an N.I reg
  • Wheel refurb in some sort of gunmetal grey colour
  • Spacers
  • Maybe some lows
  • Upgrade bulbs to led
  • Could do with a buff as it looks like Audi washed it with sandpaper :worried:
  • Maybe a filter and map somewhere down the line.
  • My11 tailights
Not the best photos but it'll get the thread started.

2015-08-19 21.16.06.jpg
2015-08-19 21.19.07.jpg
2015-08-19 21.20.45.jpg
20150819_192852.jpg
20150819_192841.jpg

Last edited:

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Can on reiterate that Sprint Blue is an awesome colour! Wish my 182 was as tricked out as this baby :p

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Beautiful example mate HTD, awesome spec and a great colour. Get it dropped into PMG and get the paintwork well protected.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
lovely .. ever since i seen @Boydie blue one at the show in bangor a few years ago i always wanted one but they hold their money well too well

health to enjoy

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That looks a super example and a great spec. Best colour in the S3 too !!

Your planned mods will make all the difference.

I think @Crimson said he found a place that sold new MY11 rear lights at decent money.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Lovely machine! Hard to think of something which ticks as many boxes as these do within the VAG fold.

Looking to get something similar in the coming months. Sprint blue is (y):cool:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Nice find mate!! That's lovely, apart from the Daytona Grey that is the only colour I would have went for in an S3 8P - very hard to find a clean well spec'd sprint blue one in NI

Seeing @Boydie 's example made owning an S3 an itch I had to scratch - glad I did too (y)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They pop up for sale every now and again but from memory the MY09 ones were around £165 for the pair from Audi

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
@Boydie seems to have gave everyone an "itch" at some stage with his S3 (excuse the pun lol)
@Crimson where did you get your MY11 lights bud?
Also anyone know which led DRL bulbs to go for that won't throw up an error code??

LOL! I'll PM you the place to try for the MY11 rear lights @dc5Civic

You can get the non error LED DRLs off a trader on Audi Sport called Trups/T8ups aka EM Tuning, but you must get your car coded by VCDS to be able to use the bulbs. I'm getting a set next week after getting my car coded with a few software mods I wanted

LED vs standard

fitted old vs new

complete change

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
Thanks for that crimson!
Came across these on my phone thought I may aswell share then, this was my daily ute for about 9months when I was in Oz.

Holden commodore
SS Pack. 5.7 litre V8. Rear wheel drive
Hardtop canopy
Coilovers of some description
18" split rims
This thing was an absolute beast, especially in the wet season!
2014-04-11 09.53.15.jpeg

2014-04-11 09.53.20.jpeg

2014-04-11 09.53.24.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The clutch starts the slip on standard power later up the miles so mapping it makes it inevitable so set aside about £800-£1000 for organic clutch, LUK DMF, OEM Clutch Bearing and Labour

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
@Crimson yes mate will be looking into a stage 1 map when get the cosmetic stuff done that I want, heard stories about the clutch needing upgraded on some/most cars tho.
You considering it yourself?

After reading boydie's post this morning I definitely wont be remapping lol!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.