1988 Lada

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

John_MK5

RMS Regular
Went to the pub with the aul boy last monday night. We thought it would be a good idea at the time to buy a lada and do a few lanes rallies in it.

I now own a lada in Malta.

What is life.

Screenshot_2015-08-31-22-29-30.png Screenshot_2015-08-31-22-28-58.png Screenshot_2015-08-31-22-29-09.png

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Awesome...

We had 1 like that years ago to tie is over for a couple of weeks until the mothers new Discovery was delivery. It was the same colour, only it had chocolate brown leather seats and doors from memory.

Are you bringing it back to here?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Not hanging about then. Did you send the aul lad out to drive it home or something...? Lol

John_MK5

RMS Regular
OP
John_MK5
Not hanging about then. Did you send the aul lad out to drive it home or something...? Lol

If work wasnt so busy id have went out for it no bother. Its in Kent now atm so have a fella lined up to bring it home with him this week if he has room left.

colin84

RMS Regular
My mum had a Lady samara back when I was at primary school. I ****ing hated it then, but she wouldn't part with it. It was cream with matching cream painted steel wheels and a fetching brown and orange stripe. Beige dash and brown check seats were a nice touch too. Never gained me any points in the playground.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Great buy
Skinny tyres and a damp road and you're laughing. Looking forward to how it ends up.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Ha-ha I nearly bid on this myself! Its brilliant its coming here, I love these things.

Dave..

RMS Regular
There used to be one in Belfast in the 80's with a Lotus twin cam under the bonnet [emoji2]

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Funny there's a few guys on a Retro Rides who have got themselves Ladas and I have to admit I've been hankering after one especially an early 1500. Mind you when I saw that there's a bloke in. London looking £5000 for a 1500 I decided against it. Only ever drove an early 1200 which my cousin owned for a while. They were a bit of a hoot to drive and were an inexpensive rally car in the 80s. In fact a bloke who was in the same cycling club as me had a Grp B Riva that had won the Himalayan rally at one point. He could only afford to do one rally a year so always took it out in the Townparks in. November each year. Always wondered what happened to it. Good luck with yours.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Awesome, be a nice wee break from the mx5 for the lanes then! Fiat 2 litre twin cams fit in these easily I think.....

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
They do in fact the guy who had the Grp B Riva had an estate with a Fiat twin cam.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
You've never had to experience a lada steering box have you? Lol

Fair point - I did drive them in the 80's - but only into a workshop to install such luxuries as big chrome telescopic antenna, am/fm radio and one £5 speaker for the dealers ;)

DavyC

RMS Regular
Aw FFS John!.. This torments me!.. .. Was given a beige Riva estate years ago from local farmer complete with bailer twine and meal bags in the boot. The thing wasnt that bad at all... And I DESTRUCTION DERBY'D IT!!!.. Would have made a hilarious old sleeper and I've regretted it ever since. :sob:

Good luck with it, and would love to see it out.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Brilliant, did the seller bring it over from Malta to England, or did you arrange that yourself?

John_MK5

RMS Regular
OP
John_MK5
The seller arranged it all for me. Saves me any hassle. Only 19,000km on it apparently. Cant see it myself but no odds really.

KevM

RMS Regular
What's the plans John, Throttle bodies & a few welding rods in the diff?

She'd need a quick rack for the treatment you'll give er!

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The seller arranged it all for me. Saves me any hassle. Only 19,000km on it apparently. Cant see it myself but no odds really.

Malta isnt that big of an island so could well be that mileage, I have been over a few times on holidays and love to have brought a few things home.

Wouldnt happen to be a dealer doing it regularly?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aw FFS John!.. This torments me!.. .. Was given a beige Riva estate years ago from local farmer complete with bailer twine and meal bags in the boot. The thing wasnt that bad at all... And I DESTRUCTION DERBY'D IT!!!.. Would have made a hilarious old sleeper and I've regretted it ever since. :sob:

Good luck with it, and would love to see it out.

They were absolute legends in the demo derbys. The only thing remotely close was the old brick Volvo's. Watching a Riva out on a mission in the ring was like watching someone beat pillows with a sledgehammer. Everything in their path got absolutely destroyed. They only seemed to stop going when they got wedged against something or beached on the kerbs lol

I had the (mis)fortune of driving my Dads mates Cossack for a bit. Gear stick came off in my hand, roof lining fell off and over the top of my head which caused absolute panic, was rusting furiously at about a year old, etc. Good old bus all the same with plenty of character. I'd quite like one or a Riva for a bit of fun one day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.