Colour change

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I have the MG ZS rusty nuts rally car that is originally red, was painted green for the the rally, tho when you open the doors it's still red in round there but I hope to have that green in the future.

Presuming as it's a permanent paint job I need to change the V5 form, even if it is red when you open the door?

The main reason I'm posting tho is to ask what way I do it.

Picture of the "Changes to current vehicle" section

IMAG3283.jpg

Do I just fill in the bit for the new colour and leave the rest blank or do I have to fill it all in even tho its just a change of colour.

Also do I just post it off to Swansea or will I bring it into the post office?

Did a search and nothing came up apart from vinyl wrap questions etc.

Thanks

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Near sure it just stays its original colour on V5C if the door shuts and engine bay are still original colour

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Need to ring the insurance and ask if I have windscreen cover, and also inform them of the colour.

Is there anywhere I can find out if I need to change the v5c or not?

I know a bmw that down as white/black as the cars white with black bonnet, roof and Bootlid.

Tho it was originally silver and is silver in the door shuts and engine bay.

Jet9

RMS Regular
The colour refers to the exterior.
If the car was stolen or wanted, the Police etc. would be looking out for a vehicle of the registered colour.
The form says "only enter altered or corrected details".

heavyoilhenry

RMS Regular
Drives
GTTDi-Rascal TLr
This might help:
The DVLA have recently changed their recommendations for vehicles that have been wrapped, which now have to be registered if the colour has been changed. Previously because the wrap was not considered a permanent change, it did not need to be registered. However, the following statement has been issued by the DVLA;-

The register maintained by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) essentially exists to assist in revenue collection, road safety and law enforcement. The Police and other enforcement agencies rely on the DVLA record for all vehicles-related investigations. It is therefore paramount that the information stored on the vehicle register is accurate and up to date.

DVLA records details given by vehicle manufacturers at first registration. Any changes to the vehicles details must be notified to DVLA by law.

By covering the entire vehicle in a coloured adhesive/vinyl wrap, it is DVLA’s view that the colour change should be recorded. To notify a change of colour you should complete section 7 of the registration certificate V5C and return it to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA. You should receive a replacement certificate within two to four weeks.

We would advise that any owner of a vehicle that has had a full colour change wrap should now inform the DVLA immediately by completing and sending the necessary paperwork as specified.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just to update on this just in case people want to do the same.

As I was told here, just put the new colour into the changes to current vehicle section, sign and date it and send it off. Job done.

I only got round to posting this off last Thursday, and surprisingly I got it back today, returned to me exactly a week after I sent it off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.