Another what wheels thread...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
So the Audi is getting a revamp for the 2016 show season. Have a lot of things planned for her, a new set of shoes is one of them

After the realisation that nearly every B8 at the shows this year was running the same wheels of me, I was getting quite hacked off, especially the one that was identical was aired out haha

I've seen a set that I like and are different on a B8, just pondering on taking the plunge or not. I'm looking for is something that is different, something that you won't see on most A4s and within a reasonable price range. Nothing over £1k

What would suit a red B8 A4? Has to be 19x9.5J and I don't mind running wobble bolts as long as the offset is right :grinning:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
4wheels.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Surely the point of doing a 'show' car is to build it to your own taste and not just to suit everyone else, so i mean this in the nicest way possible, pick your own wheels
This is true, i get what what youre saying i do but its not a show car, its a daily and im just looking for possible ideas, theres probably loads of wheels out there i havent heard of

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Out of interest why do they have to be 9.5" wide? Could you not just get a narrower one with appropriate offset to suit? Would make your search a bit easier just.

Or are you wanting to retain the stretch?

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Go for something away from the norm, think outside the box. If there cheap and easy accessible everyone will have them.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Out of interest why do they have to be 9.5" wide? Could you not just get a narrower one with appropriate offset to suit? Would make your search a bit easier just.

Or are you wanting to retain the stretch?
I just feel the car is more stable with wide wheels, gives you more confidence to chuck it into a bend :grinning: No stretch on my current wheels Mr Lyons

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
OEM wheels are no good for a show when I want the car to stand out and be different.

The Bentley wheels look good but there is already a red S-Line running around on bentleys

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I may get some hate for this but I was thinking Rota Grids. Basically unheard of on a B8. Saw them on a good few mk6 Golfs and they look well.

Excuse the quick photoshop
038569A0-D691-4483-92C0-EE5F6A74160B_zpsznoj9zjo.jpg

Conor

RMS Regular
I just feel the car is more stable with wide wheels, gives you more confidence to chuck it into a bend :grinning: No stretch on my current wheels Mr Lyons

@Conor is or was selling a set of very different rims. You'll not find anyone else with those!

They're only 7.5J wide, so no good for whenever @Brennan is cocking a wheel going into a bend. They were alright for a works touring car team but not a derv A4 apparently.

Haven't driven a B8 A4, they must be absolutely mental in the 2.0 TDI guise? Exige sort of stuff?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
They're only 7.5J wide, so no good for whenever @Brennan is cocking a wheel going into a bend. They were alright for a works touring car team but not a derv A4 apparently.

Haven't driven a B8 A4, they must be absolutely mental in the 2.0 TDI guise? Exige sort of stuff?
No need to put down my car buddy, I haven't said anything about your car or your wheels. Everyone likes a spirited drive every now and again, no need to have a race car for that (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I like the Rotas above, but I'd say they're even more common than your last wheels. Granted not on a B8 A4, but would it not be better to get something not popular on any marque?

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Rota Grids look great on anything which is why sadly they've become common as muck.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Rotiform do some really nice cast wheels in your price range - always wanted to put a set of 19" SNA's on something

SNABBL2.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I like the Rotas above, but I'd say they're even more common than your last wheels. Granted not on a B8 A4, but would it not be better to get something not popular on any marque?
There's a fine line between getting it right, and being so different that it ruins the car lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.