Power Hose Setup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
In the new garage I want to have the hose installed in such a way that it will require as little work as possible to get it set up to use. I have a Karcher K2 and a 15m hydraulic hose as an extension and it is a complete pain in the ass to wind up each time.

What way do other folk have their hose installed?

My inlaws have a big diesel Karcher in an out house, with the hose running out through the wall. But it just gets left in a heap when not used. In the winter they disconnect it to prevent frost.

I want it to be as tidy as possible, but ease of use is definitely key. I wash my car 2/3 times a year because the thought of unraveling it all depresses me.

Thoughts?

Marc

RMS Moderator
maybe get a new powerhose with a hose reel?

I have one of the below and it takes me 2 - 3 mins to take out and put away.

k2160tst-with-hose-reel-and-dirtkiller.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Reactions: dub

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
maybe get a new powerhose with a hose reel?

I have one of the below and it takes me 2 - 3 mins to take out and put away.

k2160tst-with-hose-reel-and-dirtkiller.jpg

What length is the hose? I probably will replace mine, but just wondered if there were any semi permanent solutions.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
My tap strangely is inside the garage. The garage must have been added to the house at some point over the years. I just attached a hose, unwind it and then attach it to my Nilfisk unit. Then store it away neatly after.

Dont be lazy :p

Reactions: Mel

Marc

RMS Moderator
LOL, that is £1000 Marc- one thousand!! Does it actually wash your car too?!

Kranzle K 2160 TST Pressure Washer

LOL I don't think it was that much, closer to £600 if I remember right, but the Karcher I had been using my parents Karcher previous to that and they were ****, the hoses kept splitting on them, meaning they were buying a new hose every other year.

The power from this is night and day difference to the Karchers too!

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I love the way @Deemc has his connected up at his garage. Its tidly put away under the bench and then he has a reel attached to the bench for the hose which is at the door of tha garage and then hangers for the attachemts and brushes..

Real easy taken out and put away.

When i build my next garage ill be doing a similar setup.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Can you bolt an old steel wheel to the wall then put two small brackets up to hose the lance?
We use a similar set up in work for our powerwashers.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Your so lazy @Lyons:p, I have a waterproof extension lead on a reel and it literally takes 3 minutes to get the power washer and hose connected up at least once a week(y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Your so lazy @Lyons:p, I have a waterproof extension lead on a reel and it literally takes 3 minutes to get the power washer and hose connected up at least once a week(y)

You love it but!

I'll look into getting the power hose mounted on a reel beside the unit itself. That way nothing actually needs moved or set up.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I've a reel in my power washer but it's a pain in the backside so never bother with it

Just wind hose out from the reel run extension lead outta garage and it's done... 2mins top

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
My pressure washer sits permanently on the same spot in the garage. Just turn the tap and power on and away I go. Saying that mines a lot larger than the Karchers etc

Sam.

RMS Regular
I have a Nilfisk with a reel, and a 15m hose from @Cleantec. Works great and means I don't need to reel the normal hose out

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I've a karcher commercial one and the hose is heavier hydraulic type.

It's actually really handy to roll up and hang on a karcher wall hose mount

Cleantec

RMS Regular
We get this question quite often, most people end up mounting a high pressure hose reel on a wall outside. Your current hose and lance would be connected permanently onto the reel and you would then have a small hose going into it that you connect to your washer when you need to use it. High pressure hose reels are not that cheap but it is always there once you have it set up and can be used with whatever washer you buy in the future. Everything you require, including the hose from the washer to the reel, would cost £75 including VAT and delivery.

We would strongly advise against using long electric extension leads, it is one of the most common problems we get with machines in for repair. Pressure washers have a large motor which requires the full voltage, the voltage on a long extension lead will drop and it blows the capacitor. If you do this too many times then it will blow the motor. If you are using one then make sure it is 2.5mm cable, no longer than 15 metres for domestic washers/10 metres for industrial washers and it is all rolled out so that it does not heat up.

I think I remember @Marc saying that he has the following washer:

Kranzle K 1152 TS T 240V Industrial High Pressure Washer

This is an industrial machine and, if bought for domestic use, it would last an extremely long time.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I got my high pressure hose from yourselves. Is it possible to get a feel and put my hose on it?

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@Lyons Yes, that includes a fitting that will allow you to screw your current hose directly onto the reel.

Did not even notice that! lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Apologies, I thought that £75 included the hose. That's a bit more than I'd be looking to spend. Cheers anyway.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.