300,000 Mile MK5 GTI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Quite impressive indeed, I like holding onto my car (this last year has been different) but 300k is committed lol

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Most people would have give up when they received the bill for the DSG control unit.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
GTI Golfs have been doing big mileage since the 80's. Part of the reason why they're such a great motor :grinning:

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
In 300k miles "1 complete set of brake discs and pads, now on second set of front discs, but the rears are still ok for the moment"

That's a lot of miles and not a lot of braking!.

Still I reckon there are stacks of Toyota Avensis and Skoda octavias in the pravince that have exceeded 300k (but their owners believe they've only done 85k )

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
my 7 series had 255k when i had it, and bar the seat trying to eat me one day, it was going well. Its still on the road. Those GTI's seem to be some car, their owners all rave about them!

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Mine :cool:

Currently on 83k

JZ31xDp.jpg

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I think part of the reason why I keep fixing the 330d is to get it over the 200k mark... never joined that club before :p

Currently sitting at 172k miles with MOT in a month... fingers crossed! ^o)

Maybe ill just scrap it and get a Mk5 8-|

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
my 7 series had 255k when i had it, and bar the seat trying to eat me one day, it was going well. Its still on the road. Those GTI's seem to be some car, their owners all rave about them!

Get a good one and they are brilliant cars. The only down side really is the FWD layout, which eventually annoyed me enough after 3 years to move it on for something RWD. Apart from that they're a great car. Reliable, practical, easy on the juice and with a map are pretty rapid too (when you can get the power down).

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I loved mine too, and if I hadn't of been set on getting an M3, I'd probably still have it.

Would have no trouble owning one until 200K plus either.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.