The New Fiat 124

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I'm surprised there's not be more news about this.

For those that don't know, it's the sister car to the Mk4 MX5 developed in conjunction with Mazda.

fiat-124-sp-la-0194.jpg

fiat-124-sp-la-0192.jpg

fiat-124la.jpg

fiat-124-a-0120.jpg

Fiat 124 Spider revealed - show pictures and details

Not sure on the styling myself. It appears it's borrowed from the old 124 and therefore will use retro appeal to sell this model, similar to the 500.

Only the chassis is shared. Body panels and engines will be Fiat's own. Some of the switchgear looks very like the MX5's however. Initially it will be sold as a manual with a 1.4 multiair II developing 138bhp but with plans for an Abarth version in the future. The link below the photos will provide more information and photos.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I actually prefer it to Mazda's effort. Interior isn't bad either, definitely a bit of Audi inspiration there though.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Very Maserati round the back and quite Thunderbird/Mustang round the front but between the two wheels on the side profile, it looks identical to the MX5

Paul.

RMS Regular
The front end reminds me of the Datsun 240Z and its successors, particularly in that picture of the white one. Anyone care to whip up a coupe Photoshop? I reckon it could look bang on.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
It should do, its the same car.

1MZ4cp1.gif
I know they are but compared to other cars that are the same but different like the 500 and KA that look different. This seems to have gone down the Mercedes small crossover/new Infiniti crossover where everything is the same

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
1.4 turbo might be more appealing in the Fiat to the N/A in the Mazda. Abarth version should be very nice. I think I prefer the looks of it over an mx5.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Decent interior but not so sure about the exterior styling - maybe its just the photos arent that good.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
Like it but I had a feeling that it may not all be good news. A couple of years ago it was announced that the new Alfa Spider would be built alongside the 4th Generation MX5 and it looks like that car will no longer be happening. Shame. This 124 Spider looks like a worthy successor to the lovely Barchetta which of course sold about a dozen in the UK compared to a squillon of the Madza. I guess LHD only was a major inhibitor to its sales and fwd probably another.

Auto Express interpretation of the now no longer happening Alfa ...

alfa_romeo_spider.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
I dunno, it's grown on me the more I've seen of it. I kinda like the retro look.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.